• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

37h4n's K10

37h4n

Ex. Club Member
This is my K10 that i bought off alien10 iv made a couple of adjustments to the car and some i still wish to do.

Im wanting to fit a remote central locking kit but the cable that is meant to go into the battery doesnt reach what would i need to buy to make it fit into the battery?

I dont have a clue how to do that lol. wouldnt i just be able to buy an extention wire for the power cable? but i dont know if i need a 105amp or 135amp?

Right today i have fixed a new rear cluster lights on the driver's side (i dont have a picture of this at the moment) and i have also fitted the open mouth grill that alien10 gave me.

Attachments

• IMG0031A.jpg
    IMG0031A.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 489
looking good mate, your next job is to sort out the front slam panel get it fitted dude, it'l look even better then

cheers mate iv been tryin but everyone i know thats good at cars dont know how to do it and i definatly dont have a clue lol. At this rate im gonna have to take it to a body shop lol.

no probs really just would have to buy a boss kit for the car, on ebay for £30 or from demon tweeks aswell.

o im gona keep the stereo im just gonna add two speakers into the door cards when i get paid and need to pull it out to wire the speakers up.

from what i can remember from mot's if they are fitted they have to work

i say just remove them before mot test then refit them after

:upside: :k10:

Right today i have fitted a new driver headlight as the other one was corroding inside and i have also started to clean out the engine bay (its gonna take longer than i thought lol)

Also i want to add speakers into the side of the front doors but there is a plastic seal around the door after i take the door cards off if i took this off would i need to replace it?

And how would i connect the new speakers to the stereo as all of the slots on the back of my stereo are occupied? (The model number for the stereo is JVC KD-G431

Attachments

• IMG0041A.jpg
    IMG0041A.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG0038A.jpg
    IMG0038A.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG0037A.jpg
    IMG0037A.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG0040A.jpg
    IMG0040A.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG0042A.jpg
    IMG0042A.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG0043A.jpg
    IMG0043A.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 375
Right took my car to the local garage today as it was misfiring and turns out a vacum cable was split and something else with the carburetor which i dont understand lol.

Do you think that my handbrake needs adjusting for the MOT next month?

And what is that body kit on the pictures below?

Attachments

• IMG0047A.jpg
    IMG0047A.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 302
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 335
  • rear.JPG
    rear.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 345
Thats batches k10 and kit, give him a pm and ask him, he should be able to tell you straight off

handbrake can be adusted 2 ways, underneth on the cable, mine had wineders on the to adjust, or pull of the rear drums and adjust there...

yer i got a new cable on my K10 when i found it had corroded on a bend. it went to 2 clicks after that, was great!

37h4n

it,s usually the r/shoes that need adjusting, usually you have to take the drums off and adjust the "self adjusting" ratchet,s, and that will tighten the cable,s

the way i did this is adjust the rachet as frank says then i took some more of the slack out of the cables with the cable adjust which is under the passenger side behind the floorpan
mine went from very loose to 3-4 clicks
so job well done i say

Right i took my sun strip off today so that it wont fail its MOT, and hopefully i will be getting some axel stands from a mate this week so i can adjust the handbrake cable, also i mate of mine is having a look at the front slam panel on sunday so im hoping he'll be able to fix that.

hopefully yea lol. he said he should be able to fit it he just needs to have a look at it first.

Been to see a mate of mine about the slam panel and he said he'll b able to fit it for me so ill get it throught its MOT and then get it sorted.

yea i know i cant wait lol. then ill just try and get in resprayed red.

Does anyone know how to take the side panels off the ones with the side repeaters on? as i cant find it in the haynes manual.

Back