35mm springs, one side's higher.. ! help :)

TURN3R

Club Member (Trial)
hey all,

I have a R reg micra shape and a few weeks back, i've fitted some 35mm springs. And i've noticed on the front one side is higher than the other about half an inch. I am 95% sure i've fitted them properly, just woundering why this is happening.

cheers.
paul.

I'm not too sure but I read some where that the set of 4 springs, 2 are for the back and the other 2 are for the front. Have you made sure you've used to correct springs on the correct half of the car?

Everytime I lower a car I take it for a quick spin on a bumpy road to settle everything, then recheck everything is tight

:)

I'm not too sure but I read some where that the set of 4 springs, 2 are for the back and the other 2 are for the front. Have you made sure you've used to correct springs on the correct half of the car?

yes im very sure that there in the correct place.

are you checking this on a proper flat surface? did u upgrade your shocks?

yes surface is flat. No i have'nt upgraded my shocks, would this make any difference. But when i first fitted them everything was fine but about 3 weeks later they seemed alot higher when fitted.

maybe one if your shocks has packed in buddy, wear and tear probobaly, i would maybe look into it a bit further if i was you, when the shocks packed in on my old proton i found this out by bouncing the car from each corner of the car and the shocks that where packed in made a big clicking noise, try that?

If the shock has gone pushing the car down, it should keep bouncing and wont settle...

You might fine the springs have moved?!?

maybe one if your shocks has packed in buddy, wear and tear probobaly, i would maybe look into it a bit further if i was you, when the shocks packed in on my old proton i found this out by bouncing the car from each corner of the car and the shocks that where packed in made a big clicking noise, try that?

hmm i'l have ago, maybe if i take them apart and refit them, and see what happens.

Cheers.!!

the shocks wont affect the height of the car (unless they,re siezing).
are the springs still seated fully in the spiral shaped seats ? (top and bottom)

the shocks wont affect the height of the car (unless they,re siezing).
are the springs still seated fully in the spiral shaped seats ? (top and bottom)

yes for the bottom one's, have'nt really checked the top one's, will go check. :glance:

Back