35mm or 50mm Lowering

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
What would you reconmend.
35mm Lowering or 50mm Lowering springs?

i want to improve the handlind and looks, i want it to be noticable, can you notice a 35mm drop?

Cheers

depends on other factors too.

If you go for 55mm drop, your suspension geometry will be wrong & your shocks will struggle.

Same is true for 35mm but less so.

ive gone 55mm on standard shocks they seem to be coping quite fine to be honest, no bottoming out or anything but for the best performance uprate the shocks, you will also need to adjust the camber aswel

ive gone 55mm on standard shocks they seem to be coping quite fine to be honest, no bottoming out or anything but for the best performance uprate the shocks, you will also need to adjust the camber aswel

Did you get them from matt? (MPH)

if not, where you get them and how much you pay?

cheers mate

£236 for the 50-55mm lowering springs and adjustable panhard rod.

Doing lowering springs is a pain in the *** though, youll need spring compressors and an airline with a air gun thing cant remember the name lol because at the top of the shocks theres a nut tightened onto the shaft and it just spins and be carefull not too snap the bolts on the strut mounts which i did. Out came the welder and a nut n bolt:p

Yeh i was talking to him and he has got them from a new supplier or something not and they slightly more expensive.

youre better off gettin a new panhard rod aswel keeps everything aligned and they say road racing springs on them (Y) oooo

top nut is easy to get off the front shocks :)

You can bend the clips out and remove the metal leaving the foamy rubber which has a bit move give. Then with it like that you can get a deep crank spanner on it.

Get 35mm drop springs, cut one coil of each spring then fit with new shox and sorted. i did that and car is as sweet as anything.... nooooooo problems.... its for looks not for racing so depends what your car is built for...

Have a glance over this thread Guy, dropped mine a couple of weeks ago.
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=31551
All the details are in the thread.
Hope that helps.

Ian

Awsome thanks for that, Was that dropped 55mm or 50?

Cheers

100 mm drop on the back. custom springs ftw(Y) if only i had the money:down:

hmmmm yeh :p , thats what we have dreams for :)
Get 35mm drop springs, cut one coil of each spring then fit with new shox and sorted. i did that and car is as sweet as anything.... nooooooo problems.... its for looks not for racing so depends what your car is built for...

Yeh but thats a bit dodgey cutting springs, id rather pay more and do it proper.

The spec of the springs is a drop of 50-55mm.

EXACT measurement is difficult to judge, but I'd say they've gone nearer to 55 than 50.
(checking clearence from tyre tread to wheel arch before & after)

As for cutting springs, I wouldn't advise it!!!!!!

Custom springs are the way forward, but the unloaded height of the spring has to be a specific lenght, else the spring will be loose in the mounts on full suspension travel- and will fail the MoT.

Just go for the setup on mine from Matt, I'm well happy with it.

Ian

Ive had no problems cuttint one coil of the 35 mm springs and went thru MOT a month ago and when i drive it there are no knocks or anything suspension is tough and sweet.. normally i wouldnt do this but its a work car to and from.... im happy with it...

j

They're adjustable mainly, adjustable in ride height, and the shock is adjustable, what adjustments you have and what range they cover depends on how much £££ you have.

oh fakk me! Dumb me..concluding dat coilovers wud stil require panhard? So wots d advantage dat comes along wit such high price guys?

I thought he was answering the question of this thread myself, having coilovers means you can have either 35 or 50 mm drop or a bit less or more as well.

He should really have explained himself better.

In answer to your question, the number one advantage of coil-overs is being able to set the corner-weights of your car for balanced handling.

Back