245 bhp super s

I had a good look at the car when it was at Matt's shop earlier in the year. It's quite an unusual build but there are many ways to skin a cat, as they say.

It was obvious that an old skool cosworth builder was involved from various tells in the engine bay, namely an air injection boost control setup.....I however never suspected Harvey Gibbs. I'm surprised the air injection was a valid choice, as it's not the safest way to do things, but I expect the air injectors are more reliable these days, (if one fails there is no boost control and the turbo essentially free-spools). The manifold setup is also interesting.......it does lead to a nice turbine housing exit but I'm not sure how it will fair with constant bending monents, interesting none the less.

Elite did a nice gearbox for it but the ratios are pretty short, so I imagine getting the power down is pretty manic, (Matt certainly said it was rediculous and traction was a serious issue). I promised Elite I wouldn't publish the gear ratios, (can't keep much from me), but it's shorter than I would he happy with......put it this way, 5th is shorter than the original RS5F31V boxes from the March and they're annoying after a while on a road and shorter than I would like on my N/A setup.

Kudos to Ray though, another tubby K11 on the roads to catch those unsuspecting motorists and I'm also glad his son has a Saxo hehehe ;)

It's running an CG13DE, which I think is a good idea if it's an auto block. The usual stuff you'd expect to find basically, lightened & balanced bottom end, forged rods and pistons, headwork, custom plenum, Nismo cams with pulleys, ARP suds blah blah blah.....

The choice of internals is an interesting one though, it uses Hayabusa conrods, (more than likely Carrillo but could also be from Arrows Precision), because the dimensions seems to fit, however the prices of these are not cheap and are actually more than a bespoke set of rods from someone like performance unlimited with pistons......but as I said earlier, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Yeh sorry guys i meant to say just have a look out for the mag, i couldnt find any actuall links, just go down tesco for a browse! haaa.

F**** funny getting traction down! on a normal 1.0i16v in the damp pulling off is hard enough without wheel spinning lmao
245bhp impossible lmao
i wrote my first 1.oi16v down a dark ditch in the wet a blind bend got me-just sod all traction brake grip eithe
didnt have any time to pump the brakes either lol
will post up pics when i sort out my cam corder she was 6 years old back in 2000 RIP

Back