2007 micra with no air duct pipe

I bought a 2007 micra yesterday and I’ve been driving it about and only just noticed that the air intake duct is missing, would there have been a reason for the previous owner removing it? Say for an emissions test and for what ever reason will it do it any harm and quickly should i get it replaced?

Depending on your country they may have sold it? I know from another thread that they can be hard to find in some places now

Removing it wouldn't help with emissions test, the inlet air temperature would go higher as right below the air intake on the engine is the hot exhaust manifold, the plastic pipe bridges that gap and gets cooler air from the grille of the car. If you replaced it you might get slightly better miles per gallon and a slight improvement setting off at traffic lights (cooler air is more dense)

You could check John_D thread on intake its not that hard to make your own or you could look on up on eBay there will certainly be one or two.
If you are good at making things his version would be a better solution however I would try and find a stock one if you only want original..

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Yes you would need some ducting and a scoop to make similar and place scoop onto the bumper where it was originally.
Basically bringing the air into the air box.
Should cost about the same as a new one maybe a little extra.
Would probably look better than original and fit better.

For me I have just taped mine up at the box because that's the part that they seem to loose connection.
I did buy some pipe for a dual purpose reason one being a shop vac and the other was going to be to replace my intake.
Not sure if it would be strong enough to withstand the temperature I decided I would stick with original.
I do however still think that it would work just not with my set up having no heatshield installed..

Will be doing it tho eventually when I get the heatshield on the manifold.

The link below is air intake improvements while not everyone wants a performance upgrade this is not a lot more complicated and worth while if its something you are interested in doing.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Last edited: