2007 Micra K12 1.2 Spirita Key fob issues

Hi all,
Is there anyone out there who knows 100% about the keyless entry fobs for 2007 K12 Micra’s?

The problem I have is I helped my Girlfriend buy one of these Micra’s and its a great little car with only 29,000 miles.
However it only came with one key.

So this is where I need help, advice?

I purchased another identical key from eBay and now want to Pair/ register this key with the car system.
See photos https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8ck5h43w8kgs77/Photo 04-10-2017, 11 18 58.jpg?dl=0
Now I have found various posts online that say you simply get in the car with the original key then using the actual key insert in into the ingnition lock and turn off and on 6 times within 10 seconds then the ‘Car’ will go into programming learning mode. Indicated but hazard lights flashing .
Then press and hold the unlock button and while doing so press the lock button 3 times on the key you want to add.
Another says you do this 10 times
Another says 1st get in then using the central locking button 1st lock the doors then do the on off ignition thing.

Well so far absolutely none of these work.

So finally get to the question.
Is it possible to add another key as a DIY job or is it only possible at a garage .
If only a garage can anyone recommend one in the Epsom Surrey area who won’t take the piss and charge a kings ransom.

Thanks all

J

Hi all,
Is there anyone out there who knows 100% about the keyless entry fobs for 2007 K12 Micra’s?

The problem I have is I helped my Girlfriend buy one of these Micra’s and its a great little car with only 29,000 miles.
However it only came with one key.

So this is where I need help, advice?

I purchased another identical key from eBay and now want to Pair/ register this key with the car system.
See photos https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8ck5h43w8kgs77/Photo 04-10-2017, 11 18 58.jpg?dl=0
Now I have found various posts online that say you simply get in the car with the original key then using the actual key insert in into the ingnition lock and turn off and on 6 times within 10 seconds then the ‘Car’ will go into programming learning mode. Indicated but hazard lights flashing .
Then press and hold the unlock button and while doing so press the lock button 3 times on the key you want to add.
Another says you do this 10 times
Another says 1st get in then using the central locking button 1st lock the doors then do the on off ignition thing.

Well so far absolutely none of these work.

So finally get to the question.
Is it possible to add another key as a DIY job or is it only possible at a garage .
If only a garage can anyone recommend one in the Epsom Surrey area who won’t take the piss and charge a kings ransom.

Thanks all

J
I got one cut and programmed at Timpson's cost £115!!, He had something which plugged into socket in fuse box (forget the name) maybe you could find somewhere cheaper just to get it programmed if you shop around,

I got one cut and programmed at Timpson's cost £115!!, He had something which plugged into socket in fuse box (forget the name) maybe you could find somewhere cheaper just to get it programmed if you shop around,
Yeah £115 still sounds steep and I have a key already and I’m sure with the right software it’s a 30min or less job.
Just who to go to ?.

Back