2006 Sport+ Reverse/Fog Light issue

I have this really weird reverse light issue. When I put the car into reverse only the left light, lights up. But when I put the car with full beam rear fog lights on the right reverse light works?

I did put a new double din radio sometime around a year ago and But I don’t know if it was working before hand. I tried taking out the radio to see if it fixed the issue but all I got in return was a headache from the plastic pins.

I have also checked the fuses and there is one fuse that bundles the whole rear together and all my other lights work so I can only assume it’s okay

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated

When I installed a rear view camera to the loom on the left rear headlight the reverse light. (Passengers side) to be more specific.
I had an issue at my mot test and they said that the rear number plate light was not working.
Not sure if this would be similar to your experience but it's always a good idea to periodically check all the lights and make sure they are all functioning as they should be.
My question to you would be did you install any rear view camera or was it just a double din stereo unit.

When I installed a rear view camera to the loom on the left rear headlight the reverse light. (Passengers side) to be more specific.
I had an issue at my mot test and they said that the rear number plate light was not working.
Not sure if this would be similar to your experience but it's always a good idea to periodically check all the lights and make sure they are all functioning as they should be.
My question to you would be did you install any rear view camera or was it just a double din stereo unit.
I did have the option to install a rear view camera but i didnt bother.

I did find out however that my car just has 1 reverse light (passenger side) and 1 fog light (driver side) I had no idea some cars were like this hahaha

Most cars I know only have one reverse light.
The fog light however only being one is rather funny.

So are you saying then that it doesn't light up when you have the lights off or were you expecting more then one side to light up.

Last edited:
Most cars I know only have one reverse light.
The fog light however only being one is rather funny.
ive seen from this forumn it also only has one rear fog light (centre or offset) and reverse light which meets MOT requirements anyways. Funily enough I was confused about it like last year and changed the bulb which still didnt change anything.
I guess the only good thing coming from this is how ive learnt how to look at the fuse box, change the bulbs if need and stuff like that lol