2006 Nissan Micra Sport 1.2

I have a 2006 Nissan Micra Sport 1.2 and the engine management light (solid orange, not blinking) is on.

I reside in the Republic of Ireland and the car passed its NCT (National Car Test) in July 2018.

On the way home from the NCT centre, the engine management light (solid orange, not blinking) came on and remained on.

I brought the car to a local garage and, following the connection of a code reader, I was informed that the error message displayed referred to 'park neutral position', which the guy at the garage was confused by.

The guy at the garage then turned the engine management light (solid orange, not blinking) off.

A week later, the engine management light (solid orange, not blinking) came back on and has remained on ever since.

The car is running fine and there is no loss of power at all.

I had heard that there might be an issue with the fuel cap, which could be causing the engine management light (solid orange, not blinking) to come on.

So, I replaced the fuel cap; my previous one did appear to be quite loose and the new one is obviously a tighter fit.

However, the engine management light (solid orange, not blinking) is still on.

Anyone any further suggestions? Call back to my local garage?

Thanks everyone!