2006 K12 1.2 e Timing Chain

Hi,
Am looking at buying a micra for my Daughters' first car..
Seen a nice 2006 (56) 1.2e, 66k miles, nearly full service history.. but the engine warning light is on whilst running, constant yellow.
Looking at this Forum seems it could be one of a few things, but the main concern for me is the stretched timing chain issue on earlier cars..
Was this issue fixed by Nissan before 2006?
I can't seem to find any answer to this anywhere.. is there a cut off in terms of date of manufacture or engine number?
Or is it just safer to go for the facelift model..?
Any help is much appreciated!!
Lee

K12 Micra Long-Term Reliability?

Buying a ten year-old K12 Micra with engine management fault warning light on is best avoided as it can cost more than the vehicle is worth in repairs unless you have electronics and mechanical repairs expertise and enjoy spending your weekends working on it?
Do your own research from long established substantive reliable data resources, such as the Daily Telegraph motoring correspondence website honestjohn.co.uk and JD Power long term reliability surveys. May I suggest you read the reviews for the K12 Micra and then make comparison with the reviews for the equivalent Toyota Yaris.

Get the data, investigate, inspect, compare and make your own rational decision based on substantive verifiable customers and owner driver’s real-life experience with the K-12 and K13 Micra. Enjoy the journey and avoid the pitfalls and bear traps that the liberalised free market provides for the unwary and uninformed.

Follow the links to a taster to get you going comparing long-term reliability reviews by professional motoring journalists and ordinary non-Micra enthusiast owner driver’s experiences with the K12 quickly found, correlated and categorised. The well-known problems with the Micra K12 are listed on the Daily Telegraph motoring correspondence website under what’s good and bad and draw your own conclusions.

Here’s a taster to get you going?

Reference 1: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/micra-k12-2003/?section=good

Reference 2: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/owner-reviews/nissan/micra-k12-2003/?review=4335

Doing your own research can be more providential and rewarding avoiding the pitfalls than spending your weekends repairing the thing.

I look forward to reading your conclusions feedback?

Last edited:
Back