2005 DCI prodcing white smoke

2005 DCI producing blue/white smoke

hello - i have checked and i cant anyone having the same problem as me with a k12 thus i thought i might as well ask the question.

I have 2005 k12 1.5 Dci Micra and over the last week or so i have noticed that its kicking out alot of white smoke when it set off. This only happen when the car has fully warmed up, and if you sit in traffic for a while the smoke gets thicker and thicker - again only when you set off. I had to take a call the other day, so i pulled over took the call and set off and kick out a really big amount of smoke. i has been stationary for about 5 min max.

The car has done 42k and had it MOT only about 4 months ago. The only thing i have done recently is put some of Total's super diesel which about a 2 weeks ago, but it only started smoking a week ago - could be linked??

any idea anyone?

frank

Club Member
usman

white smoke is usually water vapour, if the coolant level is ok, it,s probably just the weather conditions :)

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
First things first, I know nothing about the K12 or Diesel Engine.

I've had thick white smoke on an RS Turbo before, turned out to be the Turbo.

But white smoke is usually to do with Water Vapour.

nissanmicrak12

Ex. Club Member
SOUNDS LIKE THE TURBO AS OLLIE SAID BUT REMEMBER YOU CAN SEE EVERY EXHAUST SMOKE THIS TIME OF YEAR :eek:D IF ITS A LOT MORE GET YA TURBO CHECKED OUT :D YOU CAN GET THEM OFF EBAY

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
white smoke is normal during this time of year, it should stop once upto temp. As other have said blue smoke is oil, white is water and black is overefuelling.

Check the water level and has it overheated before? water temp needle gone to red?

Have you felt a loss in power? Most likely it's just water vapour, ir has gotten really cold the past few weeks so maybe thats why you have noticed more. look at other cars whilst your driving and you will see most cars have white smoke out the exhaust as soon as they start but gets less ocne the engine is upto temp.

OP
OP
U
this smoke is the kind when a firework goes off or when something burns. If the car is left standing for a while and you rev the engine you get a big cloud of smoke out the back, like its on fire. I have noticed that the smoke is at its greatest when the turbo kick in - around 2000 / 2500 revs.

the change weather is a obvious one, but this a different kind of smoke...

thanks for the help guys :)

also the k12 share its engine with the Renault Clio. its 1.5 DCI 86 bhp...