2005 1.3 sport+ decat?

looking at de-catting my k12 as its has next to no power in low end and not too much more over 4k revs any advice from someone who has done this before?

I have a fair bit of steel fabrication knowledge so was going to make my own pipe to replace the twin cat setup in the middle of the exhaust so i can replace it when it comes to mot time, is this a good idea or just go get a scrap one from scrappys and smash out all the crap inside??

thanks in advance guys

Surely with no functional main cat in the system, the sensors before and behind it will throw up a CEL? This may or may not trigger limp mode but, in any case, would have to be programmed out in the ECU software? I personally have not found anyone playing about with the 1.2 petrol ecu software.......
If you want to improve the top end performance, try THIS. Along with a K&N panel filter it has made a significant improvement from 4K to 6K revs....

Last edited:
I wasn't suggesting it was a good idea :D.
Never thought for a second that you were :D. Sadly there is very little in the way of 'performance improving' hardware, or indeed software, available for the K12 petrol engines, with the exception of the 1.6 160SR :(, hence my 'breathing' mod.......

Back