2005 1.3 sport+ decat?

looking at de-catting my k12 as its has next to no power in low end and not too much more over 4k revs any advice from someone who has done this before?

I have a fair bit of steel fabrication knowledge so was going to make my own pipe to replace the twin cat setup in the middle of the exhaust so i can replace it when it comes to mot time, is this a good idea or just go get a scrap one from scrappys and smash out all the crap inside??

thanks in advance guys

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Surely with no functional main cat in the system, the sensors before and behind it will throw up a CEL? This may or may not trigger limp mode but, in any case, would have to be programmed out in the ECU software? I personally have not found anyone playing about with the 1.2 petrol ecu software.......
If you want to improve the top end performance, try THIS. Along with a K&N panel filter it has made a significant improvement from 4K to 6K revs....

Last edited:

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
I wasn't suggesting it was a good idea :D.
Never thought for a second that you were :D. Sadly there is very little in the way of 'performance improving' hardware, or indeed software, available for the K12 petrol engines, with the exception of the 1.6 160SR :(, hence my 'breathing' mod.......