2005 1.2 Sport + Stuttering under load

Hello all,

Kind of hoping someone may be able to shed some light on an issue that has just cropped up on the Micra.

A couple of weeks back I had a completely flat battery, after I hadn't closed the boot properly after fixing the rear left indicator (didn't want to risk knocking it loose again) car a run fine since this but thought it may have been the start of the issues, as flat batteries have caused funny issues on a previous car.

Last Friday, I went to start the car and it fired up but sounded to be really struggling before gradually spluttering and died completely. Managed to get it restarted and there was a strong petrol smell, like it had flooded. Ran ran after this, that night I did 80miles up the motorway with no issues at all.

Drove fine to and from work over the weekend followed by an 80mile round trip on the Monday, with no issues at all. Came to the car Tuesday morning and when going to accelerate there was a bad stuttering, I would describe it as kangaooing. It seemed to be worse in the lower gears. It got to the point where it wasn't really drivable. The car starts first time and it idles perfectly and will rev fine when stationary.

Took car to the garage and they found the spark plugs were quite worn, they were changed 2 years ago. When I got it back the issue seemed to be resolved, but just before I got home the issue showed up again but nowhere near as bad as before, so the new plugs have certainly helped out.

Going to take it back to the garage but I was hoping/wondering if anyone had, had this issue before or could shed some ideas. The issue came on literally overnight and isn't throwing up any codes.

Thanks

Hello all,

Kind of hoping someone may be able to shed some light on an issue that has just cropped up on the Micra.

A couple of weeks back I had a completely flat battery, after I hadn't closed the boot properly after fixing the rear left indicator (didn't want to risk knocking it loose again) car a run fine since this but thought it may have been the start of the issues, as flat batteries have caused funny issues on a previous car.

Last Friday, I went to start the car and it fired up but sounded to be really struggling before gradually spluttering and died completely. Managed to get it restarted and there was a strong petrol smell, like it had flooded. Ran ran after this, that night I did 80miles up the motorway with no issues at all.

Drove fine to and from work over the weekend followed by an 80mile round trip on the Monday, with no issues at all. Came to the car Tuesday morning and when going to accelerate there was a bad stuttering, I would describe it as kangaooing. It seemed to be worse in the lower gears. It got to the point where it wasn't really drivable. The car starts first time and it idles perfectly and will rev fine when stationary.

Took car to the garage and they found the spark plugs were quite worn, they were changed 2 years ago. When I got it back the issue seemed to be resolved, but just before I got home the issue showed up again but nowhere near as bad as before, so the new plugs have certainly helped out.

Going to take it back to the garage but I was hoping/wondering if anyone had, had this issue before or could shed some ideas. The issue came on literally overnight and isn't throwing up any codes.

Thanks
Possibly the throttle body gummed up? There is a thread on here somewhere about cleaning it..........

Mentioned that to the garage when I dropped it back off, apparently they gave that a clean when they replaced spark plugs.

I reckon it is possibly a coil pack about to throw it's toys out. Driving the car to work on Monday I was flooring it and it was hesitating/minor stuttering then at 40mph it stopped and it felt like the Micra had an almighty turbo... Then there was a round about. :(

If I very gently accelerate it will often behave (unnaturally gently)

Guess I will just have to wait and see. I just wish for once a car would provide a hint as to what is wrong with some sort of code haha

Back