2004 micra can i check transmition fluid?

Hi I have a 2004 (54) micra 1.2 petrol manual and I've only had it a couple of month but when I change gear it's very clunky, it doesn't struggle to get into gear but someone said to check my transmission fluid to see if its full, is it possible to check this on these cars as I can't find a dipstick anywhere? Thanks ?

Hi,

If the 1.2 K12 is anything like my 1.6 K12 or my 1.2 K13, a clunky or notchy gear change is perfectly normal. To check the gearbox oil on both of mine, you have to remove the gearbox oil fill plug, which is a white plastic plug positioned towards the front of the gearbox, quite low down, I find it easier to look up from underneath. It will probably be quite stiff but in my experience the plugs are really strong. Once removed, if oil comes out then your level is not too low. If no oil comes out, poke a finger in and see if it sits just below the filler hole. If not it will need topping up.

Hope this helps :)

Hi,

If the 1.2 K12 is anything like my 1.6 K12 or my 1.2 K13, a clunky or notchy gear change is perfectly normal. To check the gearbox oil on both of mine, you have to remove the gearbox oil fill plug, which is a white plastic plug positioned towards the front of the gearbox, quite low down, I find it easier to look up from underneath. It will probably be quite stiff but in my experience the plugs are really strong. Once removed, if oil comes out then your level is not too low. If no oil comes out, poke a finger in and see if it sits just below the filler hole. If not it will need topping up.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks for the reply ? yeah it's quite clunky but doesn't struggle or anything like that. I'll still get it checked out just in case lol

Back