• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

2003 Micra E

OK, so as some of you know, my Yaris Diesel engine let go, and with me starting a new job, i needed a car to get me to the 20miles each way trip. this car came up for sale through a family friend, and as it was in exceptional condition and on 60k, the little 1.0 engine sounded sweet so i couldnt really pass it up!

here are some pics (already fitted some stickers)

582369_10151347574591435_1379161589_n.jpg

397384_10151347601981435_2141824917_n.jpg

ive already fallen in love

xABANDONx

Ex. Club Member
k12s are awesome little hatch backs a lot of people underestimate. hope your planning on turning this into a project ;). first port of call coilovers from venommotorsport

OP
OP
VitzJoe
well, im meeting YCUK on saturday, and getting 20mm spacers from a member cause the rear stance is pathetic!

then on payday its getting new oil, a new filter (not sure what filter yet) and some decent spark plugs, any ideas what spark plugs i need and what are the reccomended ones from fellow members?

also a paid MSC account too!

OP
OP
VitzJoe
ok, so first paycheck comes in on the 9/2 and ive planned what im getting.

Panel filter,
heko's
new plugs
new oil
March Badge
20mm spacers

what panel filter is best do you think?

going for a style similar to this:
735063_530297440338458_2016937460_n.jpg
edit2: where can you get those headlights from?

OP
OP
VitzJoe
Cheers guys! Was just thinking really of something I can fit an forget, had OEM paper elements on cars before and I was never impressed. Only really after a bit of induction noise and the million mile guarantee on k&n's is good, however the Yaris folk have had bad results with some k&n products such as the typhoon sucking up puddles and the filters clogging the MAF sensors so I think ill go with the piper cross! And as for value for money I'd rather spend a little more on parts I'd appreciate, after all I spent £150 odd on a pair of brows for the Yaris!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
VitzJoe
so i cleaned the micra today and pulled the yaris out of the garage so it can get a hug

23393_10151392899841435_1189627607_n.jpg

535550_10151392900201435_366269341_n.jpg

yes i know the yaris has a wrong front plate

:)

Cheers guys! Was just thinking really of something I can fit an forget, had OEM paper elements on cars before and I was never impressed. Only really after a bit of induction noise and the million mile guarantee on k&n's is good...
You still have to clean and re-oil the K&N filters pretty much every service with a kit that costs about £12 so usally better just getting a standard paper filter. but each to their own get what you want thats was modding is all about :D

OP
OP
VitzJoe
Gave the micra a service today! god the engine bay is well packed!

considering i did the car propped up on the steels wheels i kept burning my hand on the exhaust downpipe whilst reaching for the sump plug!

still got some 5w10 Mobil 1 oil for 20 quiddy and a oil filter for £4 can't complain!

think next month ill get heko wind deflectors and a front import plate.

then ill leave the car as is, cause come summer time, im selling it to get an e30 318 4 door :)

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Dude seriously, I've never even heard of 5W10 :eek:. For petrol Micras, 5W30 is perfect. 5W40 or 10W40 for diesels.

OP
OP
VitzJoe
It's fully synthetic and it was reccomended for the car, it seems to run fine and it's a decent brand as well!

Says on the box "designed specifically for engine sizes of 1000cc or less"

OP
OP
VitzJoe
well, the micra continues to chug along, albeit untouched.

sorry to say im very very unhappy with the car, daresay i bloody hate the thing.

its slow, drains fuel, poorly made, the windscreen wiper motor broke so is dangerous, traintracks and pulls to the left and right, the starter motor makes a racket an all.

maybe im just focussing on the negatives, but i am still very unhappy with the car.

OP
OP
VitzJoe
Right, so, have had the micra 6 months.

been a decent chugger.

heres how it is atm:

973452_10151630354936435_1990728165_n.jpg

too some badges off, just the "Micra" and "E", took some of my stickers off, and the wheel trims, cause my girlfriend lives in a part of nottingham that's mostly on fire, and little ****s nick the trims and burn them. part from that, its alright. still not really liking it much, and it smokes a fair bit in 1st and 2nd, not really sure what's the cause, i know its burning a bit of oil.

taxing it on sunday, and ill probably be kind the the crapper and get some new sparks, oil filter, and oil change to a slightly better grade (not sure 5w30 is good over the summer months)

also, ive got a bollock load of water coming through the boot, and it sounds (when im driving with the seats down) like theres a hole in the floor, might have a look when i get back to my girlfriend's tonight for it,.

oh **** yeah, forgot, the screw that holds the spare wheel has split, and i cant get it out, to treat the rust in boot.

what do?

heres a pic of the yaris as it sits n all.

975074_10151641317411435_1761265232_n.jpg

962063_10151634418711435_1975284243_n.jpg

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Joe, my 1.6 was fitted with Denso Iridiums and had a ridiculously long service life. Having said that, my Densos were crumbling apart ay ~38,000 miles so were ditched pronto for some NGK Iridiums which I believe have a much better rep :).

OP
OP
VitzJoe
The car was owned by an old man, has barely any service history, and he smoked in it (even I have respect enough to get out when I have a fag) so I can assume in the 60k it did over 10 years they've never been changed, however I've done 12k in 6 months, so I presume they are to blame (along with the 5w30 oil) for the burning oil issue.

Happy to say the gearbox issue hasn't arisen