2003 dci p0089 p0302.... Injectors? help!

Hi,

Hope someone can help, i would be really appreciate it!

2003 dci 65 ps, engine control light came for a few secs randomly maybe once a week, then came on constantly and had trouble starting with some white smoke.

had it put on a diagnostics machine and got p0089 fuel pressure regulation performance and p0302 cylinder 2 missfire detected.

been told its the injector on cylinder 2 needs replacing. I can hear what sounds like an air leak coming from that area... could it just be the seal?

Are the injectors coded....I dont really know that much but from what ive been told is if they are coded its gonna be a nightmare and super expensive if they aint i cant just clap some from another dci on.

any help would be great thanks in advance!!!

frank

Club Member
you could try another injector first ? and an inline filter between the in-tank lift pump and the high pressure pump maybe ?

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
the injectors need coding frank and if you fit another injector with a broken pump it will break the new/replacement injector as the pump failing tends to be in disintegrating internally making small filings which is what breaks the injector, where are you located dangermike? the garage i work at reconditions fuel pumps and injectors

frank

Club Member
the injectors need coding frank and if you fit another injector with a broken pump it will break the new/replacement injector as the pump failing tends to be in disintegrating internally making small filings which is what breaks the injector, where are you located dangermike? the garage i work at reconditions fuel pumps and injectors
which is why i suggested an inline filter adam, to catch the shrapnel if the lift pump is failing.
cost versus value

Belly93

no its the high pressure pump that fails frank and the filings go straigh into the injectors through the fuel rail and pipes

Belly93

an easy way to find out if this is happening is to drain the fuel filter into a clear bag and leave to settle then use a magnet on the bag to see if any filings follow the magent arouond the bag

frank

Club Member
an easy way to find out if this is happening is to drain the fuel filter into a clear bag and leave to settle then use a magnet on the bag to see if any filings follow the magent arouond the bag
fuel filter in the high pressure system adam ?

Belly93

theres a plasti filter between the tank and h/p pump it gets what is returned through there too, theres a clio at work ill get a pic tomorrow and labels stuffs for ya :)

thanks for all replies! blimey! sounds complicated...... located in mildenhall suffolk.

so its looks like i'll have to get it to a garage and pay a fortune? any ideas on cost for all this?