2002 front fog lamps.

I've replaced the front fog lamps, it looks much better than the gaping holes that were there when I bought the car. How and ever, only the driver's side fog works, the passenger side bulb is not open circuit says my multimeter, but does not light up, even after a squirt of WD. Is there anything typically Micraesque I should look for? Haynes seems to say the left side fog is earthed at the rear lights, oddly enough, but they work fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, for some reason known only to herself Little Miss Micra has decided to let both fogs work. There is no dashboard light when they're on, a bulb gone I suppose? What is the correct bulb for the dash? Wouldn't want an LED if it would look different to the rest. It should be OK to take the fog light fuse out for the NCT/MOT.

There is no indication on the dash for the face-lift front lights as they're classed as driving lamps instead of foglights.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Probably just one of the push fit 3w bulbs, same as all the others in the dash. Why would you take out the fuse though, it's a fail if the lights are there and not working

Probably just one of the push fit 3w bulbs, same as all the others in the dash. Why would you take out the fuse though, it's a fail if the lights are there and not working
There is no indication for the front driving lights on a coil pack Micra.

Interesting, what a wealth of knowledge this forum has!
Classed as driving lights, eh? Auxiliary lights have to go off when dipped beam is selected, who knows what the NCT people will decide about Micra fogs. Before I bought my car, she pass with no fogs fitted at all, just gaping holes in the bumper. Anyway, the test is not due for a good while, thanks for the info.
Wait, driving lights? Does that mean I can have them on all the time? (not that I would...).

Classed as driving lights, eh? Auxiliary lights have to go off when dipped beam is selected, who knows what the NCT people will decide about Micra fogs. Before I bought my car, she pass with no fogs fitted at all, just gaping holes in the bumper. Anyway, the test is not due for a good while, thanks for the info.
Wait, driving lights? Does that mean I can have them on all the time? (not that I would...).

I think the idea is if the lights aren't there at all they can't fail, but if they're there and don't work, it's a fail.
First facelifts are classed as front fog lights as they have a switch to put them on, pre facelift and second facelifts are classed as driving lights because they come on with headlights I'm fairly sure.

Just been out to check... When switched on at the stalk, my "fog" lights are lit when side, dip or headlights are selected.

Yes you can have them on all the time. The minimum for them to work is sidelights being on.

Odd.
NCT says:
Fog: Fail if switch defective or does not operate independently of side light
Auxiliary: Fail if does not extinguish when dipped beams are brought into operation.
But then again it looks like it's been passing the test so far, including the last time where both fogs were removed.

Odd.
NCT says:
Fog: Fail if switch defective or does not operate independently of side light
Auxiliary: Fail if does not extinguish when dipped beams are brought into operation.
But then again it looks like it's been passing the test so far, including the last time where both fogs were removed.
They're not fogs. They're auxiliary or driving lamps.

Yes, I mis-typed!
Still, auxiliary lights (and presumably driving lights) should extinguish on dipped beam, says the NCT manual.
As always, thanks for the reply.

Back