20% Discount with Sky Insurance

Igloo

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Rough estimate for a 2007 ford focus zetec 2.0 litre, Lowerd, aftermarket alloys, bodykit, air filter, performance exhaust

19 year old 2 years NCB driving exp. 2 years.

If you want to call me, I can PM my phone number.

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
I just have to say that my insurance is cheaper than that of my fathers (both micra's) and it makes me very happy and my dad pretty annoyed. On a different note I do see the Sky insurance FTO quite a bit in London Colney
I live in London Colney and take the FTO home some weekends... you've probably seen my Mk1 Mr2s as well.. a grey one and a red one!

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Just ring them up, probably alot easier and you won't be waiting for answers!

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
Apologies , have just caught up on this thread.. if anyone is still waiting please drop me a PM.

Regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Got my quote and ecar came up £150 cheaper with same modifications declared.

Sky £641
ecar £490

Excellent service and the guy I spoke to, Danny I think was very helpful!

I'll get a quote from you guys in July when my RS Turbo needs insuring!

superls

K10 Tuner
i spoke to a guy called richard at sky about 3 weeks ago regarding my Ga16 conversion, he said he would ring me back the next week but never did. not at all happy

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
i spoke to a guy called richard at sky about 3 weeks ago regarding my Ga16 conversion, he said he would ring me back the next week but never did. not at all happy
Send Ollie a PM, not like them....they acted very quickly and prompt when trying to help me with my insurance.

Kev

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Just ring them back! 3 weeks ago was around christmas / new year and quite a disruptive time for businesses. The RAC said they'd ring me back but didn't, so just phoned them back a couple of days later and job done. I'm sure Sky would do the same.

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
Yes, that is unlike us although you are not the first person to point this out to me this week. My colleague Richard works as our Customer Service Manager and only gets involved in quotes at busy times... I'm not offering that as an excuse though. Please drop me a PM with your name, postcode and phone number and i will chase this up for you today.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

EDIT: My colleague Richard left a message at your home before Xmas... unfortunately it wasn't good news. Due to your age and the engine conversion we are not going to be able to help. If you need clarification please give Richard a call on 0208 3645500

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I have just got a fantastic quote from Sky on my Glanza, I lot better then last year!

£676 fully comp, I'm still making phone calls, but Sky have beaten my renewal quote of £789 by £113!

Looking much better this year.
Kev

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Club Member
Yeah I totally agree - SKy have come up trumps with my insurance search for the Cabriolet.
£441 TPFT, with my discount from MSC - which is currently what I am paying for the 1 litre Micra I have at the moment with Direct Line. Not bad considering the car is a Japanese import convertible!
Thanks guys! :D

jowley

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
i hope they can do me good my car insurance at the mo wont allow me to mod me car

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
I'll be giving you guys a call soonish after a horrendous renewal quote from the AA to see if you can beat the best alternative I can find :)

joesouthgate

Moderator & JAE Chef
Club Member
Can you drive other cars on TPF&T policy or just fully comp, as with my current insurers (Quinn Direct) it is very usefull to be able to drive other cars if i need to?

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
Can you drive other cars on TPF&T policy or just fully comp, as with my current insurers (Quinn Direct) it is very usefull to be able to drive other cars if i need to?

Hi,

we can only offer you the DOC extension if you are aged 25 or over and dont work in the motortrade. This is an industry trend. There are only a handful of companies who will offer this for under 25's.

Apologies

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tried to get a policy with Sky but they never phoned me back........

Hi Arnold.. I do not know what has happened here but we do make every effort to contact all customers. Please bare in mind that I am here to help with any Sky problems/queries, I could have sorted the call back for you straight away.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Hi there,

Give Chris Knott or Adrian Flux a try, I think they do 3rd party cover for under 19's.

Edit: just checked with Chris Knott, it's 19 and over, how old are you?

Thanks
Kev

Maccy

Young K11-er!
Club Member
Insurance is due for me in the next two weeks, going to give these guys a call tomorrow and hope for the best!

Maccy

Young K11-er!
Club Member
Good stuff, feel free to PM me your contact details if you would like me to arrange a call back for you.
I called up and ran through a quote and it came in at about £460 even with the club discount, got it for £389 with elephant in the end I'm afraid!

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
I called up and ran through a quote and it came in at about £460 even with the club discount, got it for £389 with elephant in the end I'm afraid!
Thanks for trying us and apologies we were uncompetitive this time for you; Please give us a try next year.

Thank you

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Maccy

Young K11-er!
Club Member
Thanks for trying us and apologies we were uncompetitive this time for you; Please give us a try next year.

Thank you

Ollie
Sky Insurance
I'll drop you a PM this time next year, hopefully to get a callback and sort something out :)

ivawart

Club Member
I PM'd sky insurance yesterday requesting a callback for a quote but they haven't and I've only got access to a mobile line at the moment so cannot call them either...this is frustrating cos i need to get my insurance done by tomorrow at the latest :frown:

come on fellas, potential customer waiting

Manny

Ex. Club Member
what number did you use?

The only number i can find for them is: 08701 121 759, and that costs from a mobile line.
you will have to visit their site and fill your details for a call back or there is another company below what gives discount to msc members
www.skyinsurance.co.uk

Tim-Chris Knott Insurance
Official Micra Sports Insurance Scheme - QUOTE REF 864 WHEN RINGING US
0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for mobiles
QUALITY FULL UK BREAKDOWN COVER POLICY = £54.50

ivawart

Club Member
ivawart have you read my previous post above? you sorted?
yeah mate, i did. they said they can match my best quote (which is currently from Quinn Direct for £820) - i still wanted to try Sky to see if i could get a better quote seeing as they're offering 20% saving via the msc. I'm gonna give sky a call now, but the way i see it, if i can't get a better quote from either company then i'll just go with quinn seeing as they're giving me £0 voluntary excess and only £75 mandatory.

Manny

Ex. Club Member
yeah mate, i did. they said they can match my best quote (which is currently from Quinn Direct for £820) - i still wanted to try Sky to see if i could get a better quote seeing as they're offering 20% saving via the msc. I'm gonna give sky a call now, but the way i see it, if i can't get a better quote from either company then i'll just go with quinn seeing as they're giving me £0 voluntary excess and only £75 mandatory.
visit sky website if you cant call them, they will give you a ring back.