20% Discount with Sky Insurance

James

Chairman
Hi all,

We would to make this very clear right from the outset.. we cannot promise to help every Micra Sports Club member, we have some criteria to be met and also some exclusions. If we cannot help you, we can only apologise. For the majority however, we should be competitive and be able to provide an excellent level of cover.

CONTACT DETAILS:

The best way to contact us is via our website, you'll find all the details you need via the link below. Please follow the link and feel free to have a look around!

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/carclubs/index.html

Ollie
Sky Insurance

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
Given them a little call - he has to speak to an underwriter to claim my discount, So hopefully call me back in a few minutes :)

Well they called back but were a little more expensive, it came to £736, which isnt too bad, thats with my mods declared too, but the RAC are still cheaper..

Daz

Spike

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave
Club Member
I just gave them a call outta curiosity, and got quoted £691 all mods declared and gaurenteed, thats with my 1 years no claims, and being 19, and that im paying £720 odd at the moment, seems quite good (Y)

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
fraz_micra_88 said:
what is were a member but dont have a micra?? will they still give us a discount?
They should do, after all you paid for official membership, so you are entitled to all the discounts! :)

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
well ive requested a callback for today and bare in mind i have a corsa so we will see if they acknoledge the discount :-D

Spike

Club Member
hmm yeah, id find the discount very useful, but only if they dont mind a non-micra/jap car etc

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Spike said:
hmm yeah, id find the discount very useful, but only if they dont mind a non-micra/jap car etc
I think they insure non Jap cars, and you're still an official member, you paid up therefore you should be entitled to the discount still :)

Spike

Club Member
awsome stuff, insurance for people my age, the membership will pay itself back times over (Y)

Nis

Club Member
I use these with my Micra. With everything declared I only pay 900quid!!! Thats with an agreed value of 10k too :p

Nis.

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
i have requested a call back from them with all mods being declared and will see if it beats my NUD quote atm which is a bit high now cause all mods are declared :(

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
well they didnt get back to me for starters, i had to phone them back again and they had no recall of the quote. anyway did it all again and the guy was the same guy i spoke to and he remembered me. Anyway they could not do it becuase i am 19 with a too modified car. + they wouldnt insure me with the 1.3 engine conversion.

Mod for mod basis for 19+ from here and they cant do it. utter crap.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Club Member
I have just taken a policy out with them. Fully comp, agreed value, legal cover and the blurb......£320 on a new policy.

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
Club Member
they just quoted me 460 for a stock 1.0 LS 1989 . im 22, ok postcode, 1yr ncb. aint bad!! tesco was almost 700!! BINGO!

PS: i been on the phone all day today to insurance ppl and these guys are the only ones who sound like normal people and not robots. top service

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Yeah I spoke to them on the phone about a modified Bluebird turbo with a 200SX engine in and the guy really knew his Nissans!

richmicratwista

Direct Detailing UK
im now insured with them and they put me through 2 a bloke who knew all bout nissans when i said bout the engine conversion he knew it was a straight swop and only put my premium up 80 for the full year

mike

I love Ed!!!!
£300 for like to like cover on mods on a super s and my fiance as a second driver.

HaZar!!!!

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Glad to see people getting decent quotes from them :) you never know they might up our discount! ;)

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Just put sam's saxo with Sky, beat the quote from flux by £70, £50 less on the excess, like for like cover on everything. Superb service.

As soon as my policy is due for renewal with flux, I'll be swapping to Sky..... then it's bye bye Flux with our club for offering discount, Sky beat them on all fronts.

Kev

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
i forgot about Sky :( Just renewed with someone else! Will def do it next time though.

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
You numpty! :p

The more members we get with Sky the more chance the discount will go up. Is it too late to cancel your other policy ems? Sky really do good quotes...

Kev

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
I told you about Sky before you got your policy!!! Why you didn't even consider them or forgot about it i don't know. I sent them an enquiry yesterday by email and will hopefully receive a call back, otherwise i'l just ring them up. My policy expires early next month

Just had a quote of £341, like for like cover on mods and Ems declared. They'l also cover my planned SR20 conversion!

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Planned SR20?!!!!

And yeah Kev i could, but i really can't be bothered now lol. I'm moving down to Arnolds next month and have enough paperwork to do already!!

And Arnold, did i actually hear you?!!! :p

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
Thanks for all of the feedback guys (Y)

I'll introduce myself quickly. My name is Ollie Frost and I work for Sky Insurance as the Customer Service/Club Liason Manager.

I am here to help, if you have any quesions regarding insurance and the club discount please get in touch with me by PM, or my contact details are below.

I am on holiday from tomorrow for a week though :grinning:

Cheers

Ollie

www.skyinsurance.co.uk
tel: 08701 121 759

ollief@skyinsurance.co.uk

superls

K10 Tuner
Thanks for all of the feedback guys (Y)

I'll introduce myself quickly. My name is Ollie Frost and I work for Sky Insurance as the Customer Service/Club Liason Manager.

I am here to help, if you have any quesions regarding insurance and the club discount please get in touch with me by PM, or my contact details are below.

I am on holiday from tomorrow for a week though :grinning:

Cheers

Ollie

www.skyinsurance.co.uk
tel: 08701 121 759

ollief@skyinsurance.co.uk
can you offer us unofficial, but near enough' quotes via pm aswell?

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Hi Ollie.

Was it you I spoke to earlier regarding discount for Toyota GT Turbo.com ?

Kev

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
can you offer us unofficial, but near enough' quotes via pm aswell?
Sorry chap, that is one thing that we must do over the phone. Worth a try though :laugh:

Quotes only take 10 minutes though...

Hi Ollie.

Was it you I spoke to earlier regarding discount for Toyota GT Turbo.com ?

Kev

Hi Kev,

yes it was... its definitely a goer for the gtturbo club.

My colleague is going to send you over a banner nest week I beleive, if not I'll chat to you when I get back from holiday :grinning:

Cheers

Ollie

superls

K10 Tuner
Sorry chap, that is one thing that we must do over the phone. Worth a try though

Quotes only take 10 minutes though...
ye i thought id try it, lol, you have to agree though it is a good idea, so you could give us a rough idea of what the actual quote will be

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
i was with sky last year, paying £245 tpft, renewal came through the other day - £291 tpft!!!! no crashes and just 3 points, same as last year.
tesco compare got me £203 fully comp with protected no claims. called sky and they wouldn't even try to price match. oh well. prudential here i come.

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
We dont seem to be getting many quote requests through from you guys at the moment... are we doing something wrong or are you all getting better deals else where?

If you would like a quote, please PM me your name, phone number and a good time to call

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Ollie,

I'll give you a call when mines up for renewal in January.

Also do you offer any kind of deals for people with more than one car?

Ollie

PeteST24

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I will be insuring the Micra this January when I turn 25. No point doing it now really is there as I will have to wait a year for my discount for being 25 lol
So expect a pm/call or whatever I do (do you accept pigeons?) in January

curtis

Ex. Club Member
We dont seem to be getting many quote requests through from you guys at the moment... are we doing something wrong or are you all getting better deals else where?

If you would like a quote, please PM me your name, phone number and a good time to call

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance
and the fact that you only insure 19 year old + or driving for 2 years....a lot of us on here are younger. 17 or 18....?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
I'l be ringing you guys & a couple of others when my 2.0 conversion is done. The last quote on my standard car wasn't low enough against my existing provider.

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
Also do you offer any kind of deals for people with more than one car?
Ollie

Hi Ollie,

We dont have multi car policies as such but we would offer you a discount on a second or third vehcile if you insured with us.

Cheers

Ollie

(do you accept pigeons?)
No pigeons

and the fact that you only insure 19 year old + or driving for 2 years....a lot of us on here are younger. 17 or 18....?
Fair point Curtis. We are looking at bringing on some yourger driver friendly policies in the near future.

mike

I love Ed!!!!
I just have to say that my insurance is cheaper than that of my fathers (both micra's) and it makes me very happy and my dad pretty annoyed. On a different note I do see the Sky insurance FTO quite a bit in London Colney