2 Cans of Paint and a Packet of Maskin Tape!

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
I have spent the afternoon today spraying the rear bumper. everytime i saw arnolds car i got jelous (and as i cant afford a professional respray/super s bumpers etc) so i went for it. I got some spray cans from halfrauds and some lacker. taped up lights etc and started spraying away!! i started off really badly and tried to wipe it off with white spirit but it didnt work so i sanded the bad patch down and started over. I think it looks pretty good for a complete novice and you can only notice its ment to be black if you look closish. im well chuffed.

good and bad comments welcome!

Cheers

PIC:

havent done the front yet. It got a bit late in the day and i need daylight to see which bits i had missed lol! so im gonna finish the job tomorrow. Im also doing mirrors and bump/side strips! thanks for the nice comments! i have laquered it up all nice so its shiney and hopefully will last some time lol. The front im guessing is gonna be harder cause i think im actually gonna have to remove the bumper. there are more nooks and crannys to get into and its gonna be hard with it still on the car. still weather looks awesome for the weekend and ill have a transformed car by the end of it!! (i hope!)

Cheers all!

Looks cool. I'm very suprised u sprayed it on the car as it might have run!! Good luck with the front etc :)

no primer, just gave it a reeeeeeeeeally good scrub with ole fairy liquid, then rinsed and thourougly dried it.. then masked up the wheels, lights etc and started spraying (and praying!) lol. i have given it a thick laquer coating though so that should help protect it. for the front i may go and get some plastic primer though as that takes more abuse (in terms of wind and stones and rain etc! , not bad parking :p ). Thanks for that bit of advice :)

Now I like that can I have the paint code colour please. I've gotta have red bumpers on my GSX (have been told I've got a rare GSX as it's a 998 and not a 1.2)

Charlotte

The paint is ready from halfrauds. Its Nissan RED 526. there is also a 4?? RED so make sure its the one for your car. If you look under the bonnet on the drivers side there is a small blue plate next to the wiper motor and this has the colour code on it. :) hope this helps! (oh and buy at least 2 tins for each bumper!!) 2 tins for me was £10.30 i think. aint bad!!

hey courior nice job mate well done. i sprayed my bumpers not so long ago(well bout 5months lol) and they came up well.

just a little advice tho put search on here and u find a few gd threads on how to make the best job and it really works.

for the best job it consists of lots of prep work clean, dry, turps, scotch brite sand, then primer(thin layers 2 start) then colour paint(thin layers till fully coloured) try not to do too much at once or runs will appear.

also you would have had less or no runs if u took the bumpers of the car too.

i did my front and back bumpers in bout 2-3days.

i also now have done my dash and other interior parts it takes alot longer than 1day 2do wot i have done i can tell ya.

well anyway enough of that here are the pics for u too see my painting skills.

well u would have seen them but cant seem to work out how 2 put them up lol sorry.

well for all the people that read this and have seen my work(midlands meet will see on sunday) feel free to comment on my work lol. lets inspire courior to do his dash next lol.

the other red is nissan flame red AJ4 that is the colour i have

Please do not use txt speak

I have taken Paul_K10's advice and used primer for the front and damn did it make it easier!! and what a result! The only prob is that the grill and bonnet have faded so i need to tcut them to make em the same colour as the newly painted bumper. The mirrors are next, then im gonna do something special for the bump strips. Im not sure about painting the dash, i kinda like it the colour it is, maybe just the clocks surround? we'll see. But here are the results of the front bumper spray job :)

PIC:
i320835_frontbumper.jpg
[/URL]

hehe that sticker was spotted in a shop window on one of my camping trips and i just HAD to get it lol. its the talking point of the whole car lol.

Back