2.0l SR20DE throttle body on a 1275cc

k6pfs

Ex. Club Member
Hi,
Has anyone tried or can give me advice on fitting a 2.0L SR20DE throttle body to a 1275 CG13DE.

The picture below shows the area that would need removing for it to open fully as it fouls it at the minute but apart from that, would it work? It would give a greater air intake than standard and I can make a mount for it to sit on correctly.

Sorry if its been covered but I couldnt find anything on the 2.0L throttle body.

inletmanifold.jpg

They've been fitted in japan before (possibly even here), the couple ive seen they used a spacer plate to give them the clearance...but i suppose if thats the only part thats gonna be in the way, you could mill it out (cant see any reason why it would cause issues).

They've been fitted in japan before (possibly even here), the couple ive seen they used a spacer plate to give them the clearance...but i suppose if thats the only part thats gonna be in the way, you could mill it out (cant see any reason why it would cause issues).

That was exactly the plan that I had, just mill out the bit that I dont need and I will need a plate anyway as its not long enough to make a seal so I would need to create a seal with the plate but didnt want it that thick.

I have the throttle body already so at the weekend I will give it go.

lots of people have put 1.6 throttle bodies on and there is minimal gains really, i think for the effort it might not be worth it.

i would be interested in putting on the 2.0 plenum chamber, that would give alot of advantages with turbo installs

lots of people have put 1.6 throttle bodies on and there is minimal gains really, i think for the effort it might not be worth it.

i would be interested in putting on the 2.0 plenum chamber, that would give alot of advantages with turbo installs

Hi NeX,

I have seen the feedback about the 1.6 throttle bodies, thats why I was going 2.0, it should just be a little mill round the chamber and then cutting a plate and sealing it to fit. It is a lot bigger in size than the 1275cc one.
Not sure if the 2.o plenum would fit?

I will take some photos tonight of it and post them tomorrow see what you think.

Ok I should have elaborated more really. By fitting the Sr20 maf, that does not have an airflow meter built in such as the CG one does. So it will not work with the stock ecu if you have one. (or any unless you can reamap it)

k6pfs

the 1.6 t/b is nearly 25% bigger and made quite a difference with mine on gas, but would ideally need a remap when on petrol.
a 2.0 t/b (60mm iirc) is nearly twice the size of a stock one (square/cm), so i think it would need some serious fuel ratio correction

Hi NeX,

I have seen the feedback about the 1.6 throttle bodies, thats why I was going 2.0, it should just be a little mill round the chamber and then cutting a plate and sealing it to fit. It is a lot bigger in size than the 1275cc one.
Not sure if the 2.o plenum would fit?

I will take some photos tonight of it and post them tomorrow see what you think.

well i would talk to matt, i have seen the 1.6tbs that he has fitted to his cars, there is some minor mods that need to be done...

as Ed has says, the 2.0 doesn't have an air mass sensor, i assume that it is further up the pipe work like on some cars.

to me it seems like a lot of work for minimal gain. you might be better off trying to bore out a 1.6 tb to fit the 2.0 butterfly valve. but it would be interesting to see if the plenum with fit. that would solve your first problem anyway.

Correct. The MAF is located nest to the air box.

Here is a pic of my SR20 engine bay. You can see the MAF sensor located next to the K&N filter.

primeragtS968JJR036-1.jpg

k6pfs has a pectal ecu on this car. Provided someone can re-map this then it is possible.

Only one man I'm afraid and that's Peter Vaughan down in Wales. Matt can put you in touch with him on request if you need the Pectel remapping.

k6pfs has a pectal ecu on this car. Provided someone can re-map this then it is possible.

Hi Ed,

Yes that is correct, I have a N2 Pectel ecu the ones that Pectel made for nissan to go in the Micra Challenge cars, and I also have contact details for Peter and have spoken to him on the phone a few times so cheers for that too.

Thank you all for the messages, and tips.

Below are the photos that I took last night as you can see it has a huge difference in size,
101_0277.jpg

101_0272.jpg

Is it possible to use a different MAF sensor and have it located in an air duct feed to the throttle body?

I have photos below of the sides and as you can see the 2.0 throttle only has one sensor, but the 1275 throttle has three, so would I be able to do a bypass?

101_0278.jpg

101_0281.jpg

This is a photo of the lip that I would have to mill down to give the clearance, as you can see from the photo its just a lip and doesnt do anything.

101_0275.jpg

someone on here was selling one a while back maybe 2 months ago. Have a search don't think it sold.

Hi, I did a search but since the hack nothing goes that far back. I have had look on the micra.au site cheers Frank and I couldnt find an image of the plate. If anyone has an image i'd like to see it.

Consider that throttle response will now be extremely sensitive. I.e. much more on/off than it was before. You may need a cam shaped accel pulley to make this more tractable.

Consider that throttle response will now be extremely sensitive. I.e. much more on/off than it was before. You may need a cam shaped accel pulley to make this more tractable.

Moddedmicra, ive pm'd smidge and got a reply so hope to get that from him, Ed thats a good idea, its for the rally car so on/off would be ok as I wouldnt need it for an every day drive, but its a great idea, I will see how it is first and if I need it less sensitive then thats the route, do you do one by any chance?

No, not to hand, if anything on a rally car you would want more precision than a road car, it may not be an issue as much, but I know on a large turbo it would be a right handfull

butterfly sizes:

stock cg13: 45mm
sr20: 60mm (some na s13's are 63mm)

ok.. overall height of the adaptor plate +sr20 tb is 95mm high
stock overall height is 130mm high

measuring from the flat part of the intake plenum (running a ruler up it and measuring to the centre of each throttle body.. measurements are:

stock 60mm to centre of t/b
sr20 with adaptor 70mm to centre of t/b

it looks like it could be a good mod, you have alot more airflow. but as Ed says it will let alot more air in with minimal movement of the valve, so all it may do is not give you any performance gains but just make the throttle responce tighter.

the single sensor you have on the SR20 TB is the throttle possition sensor, i think the other sensors you get on the CG13 TB is obviously the AFM sensor, and the other i think is the cold idle valve, but i may be wrong on that.

i think for an NA car you will be fine with a 1.6 TB if you were turboing the car then the SR20 body would be better,

thing to think about is, this throttle body will let more air in, but this happens anyway with a normal throttle body when you push the throttle. when the SR20 TB is fully open, will it actually make any difference? i suppose the only way to find out is to some how mesure the manifold pressure with the 1.3 TB and if there is alot of pressure because the engine can't get air in quick enough then the SR20 TB would make a difference. but if the pressure is normal, then adding the SR20 TB will reduce pressure, and you may loose things like the brake servo because there is not enough of a vacume.

Back