1st car brakes mod & exhaust ??????

im going to my first car soon (obviously a micra k10 lol) does the pulsar gti-r front disk n caliper fit a k10 or is there modifications to do? also going to get rid of the rear drum and fit a front k10 disk n calipers on the back is there modifications to do?

does a performance exhaust make a difference ?

thanks scotty

Exhaust won't make much difference really, unless you go for a new manifold as well. But it will look and sound much better! First thing I did to my car was put a new rear can on.

Exhaust will make a small difference, as a performance box such as remus / powerflow etc wont have baffles in to restrict air flow. The main parts to replace are the manifolds as said above.

Jarthur05 - come to the south meet next month :)

Would love to mate, but the problem is I don't keep my car at uni. So I would have to travel back to Swindon to pick the car up, then drive to Guildford, then drive back home again, and then go back to Brighton. I will see what is happening nearer the time though.

can someone answer my other question please:grinning: lol

does the pulsar gti-r front disk n caliper fit a k10 or is there modifications to do such as change hubs? also going to get rid of the rear drum and fit a front k10 disk n calipers on the back is there modifications to do?

thanks scotty

i havent read any guides and no one has told me but i believe you will need to purcase two k11 hubs and mate them up to the K10 wishbones, you might need K11 driveshaft ends aswell to go into the hubs and put them into the k10 shafts but im unsure on this and would lke to know more on this myself, when this is complete you can use n14 calipers and disks as they will now bolt up to the hub

Some one find your cahunahs and try it!!! ive got ideas and things going on all over the place at the mo but would like to upgrade the front end braking at sum point! i think some one did find a way to do it at some point.

im going to do it at one stage as ive got all the bits apart from the k11 stuff

whats needed? altogether? do you know the full way to do it? and if so any chance in a quick explanation?

thinking back on it you dont even need k11 driveshaft ends because someone told me that k11 splines are the same as the k10...

i dont know for sure but ive got a very good idea how it goes, if someone has done it that wouldnt mind clarifying it would be nice

Get march k11 brake calipers and you can get vented brakes to fit standard K10 hubs

vented.jpg

yes but with that setup you are limited with standard K11 brakes, with the k11 UKDM hub swap it opens up a variety of caliper setups

Yeah you can get standard k11 brakes, but you can also get uprated K10 brakes which are a huge improvement over standard. The brembo disks which are fitted above have made such a huge difference over the standard disks. People say they make no difference, but probably only one or two people have done it - so the doubters dont know what they're talking about as they dont have first hand experience.

Unless your having a 2 litre engine fitted, i dont see the point of going overboard with Gti-r brakes etc.

the best and easiest mod to improve k10 brakes is to get the vented discs however you either need k10 vented disc calipers, OR JDM march k11 calipers which are an (almost) direct fit. you cannot just fit the vented discs on standard k10 claipers. figaro calipers would also be a direct fit to the k10 as figraos are k10's and they have vented discs as standard

k11 disc and calipers could be fitted very easily by taking the entire wheel hub assembly from a k11 and fitting it to the k10 the drive shaft splines are the same, this would then mean k11 disc pads and claipers of which many upgrades are avaliable off the shelf like vented drilled and grooved discs and performance pads. (in my eyes the best upgrade for the k10)

if you really want pulsars brakes on your car (which to be honest would be a waste of time) you'd need to fit the k11 hubs and from the k11 hubs you can with some modification fit the pulsar gear. some of the k11 boys have done this and can tell you more on whats required

you can get vented k10 discs and the k10 vented calipers from http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/ all thoose parts are direct fit to the k10 and they are the cheapest i have found anywhere

or finally you can modify your existing k10 claipers by having a machine shop shave 3mm of the calipers to allow the vented discs to fit

hope this helps and answers your question :)

possibly another thing to get from the scrappy then! k11 hubs!:grinning: cheers mat good answer to the the thread!

yeah ive tried to get them many times but k11 bolts seem to seize like a right sod! k10's never seem as hard to remove. if your getting some you want to get the entire hub. so basicaly disconnect the shock 2 bolts disconnect the wishbone 1-2 bolts and removed the drive shaft what your left with is what you need should cost about £20-40 ofr the lot depending on the scrapyard :).

im happy to help anyone who is local to install em for my usual fee :) rimmer knows what my charges are lol

you dont use the k11 wishbone on the k10 though do you, you connect the k11 hub assembly to the k10 wishbone

take the easy way which would be figaro calipers and k10 or figaro vented disc's doesnt matter as they are the same

Back