1litre nissan micra modifications?

I have a Micra Activ 1.0 16valve. It's my first decent car. has 44k on the clock. Is it worth modifying? I have put an aftermarket air intake system in complete with bonnet vent and an aftrmarket ice system in. what will i be able to acheive realisticly? has anyone else modified a 1litre with any success? what would you recommend?

hey you dont live to far away from me i had a 1.0 with more visual mods than power best thing with any car is lower it air filter alloys light weight ones and colour code it on mine i had a janspeed manifold decat and custom piping to cobra back box have a look through peoples blogs for ideas also use the search button as well

yeah, i'm lucky to have a micra that already looks good without much modding! I have put a mushroom filter in place of the standard box along with a cold air feed from a bonnet vent. also put in iridium performance spark plugs.that has boosted my performance a bit and given the car a fantastic growl. but i want to go faster. my next big mod will probably be an exhaust system but after that im stuck.

1.3 micra engine is a direct replacement wifout any messing about

not quite that simple.

gearboxes, (working arround nats and non nats)

please dont post incorrect or "summerised" information like this.

ED posted two stickies about posts like this. please keep it informative but truthfull, and with proof too. links to conversions would help.

also please please please can you use the SEARCH function. there must be a thousand "what can i do to my 1.0" thread on here.....

thank you

Yep loads of people have done tuning. Have a search through the k11 tuning section

Most mods for a 1.3 will fit the 1ltr too (note:most things).

My first Micra was a 1ltr and I had the following mods added to it:

35mm Spax Springs
Janspeed Decat (although a full system would also fit)
K&N 57i Air filter
OMP Strut Brace

You can also do some body mods but I decided to go for colour coded bumpers and a nice ICE install. If you want to spend money on your car a 1.3 would be good however your insurance would be higher due to it being modded (as apose to just getting a 1.3 micra).

i have just got my k11 after 10 years of owning one-

i modify for performance and fuel economy only - i aint bothered about looks

Done Mods so far:
i took off the air box and pipes and stretched a vectra B 2L16v induction hose on it [keep the air flow on as it joins the 2 rubber hoses together-lay the pipe and cone to the o/s front-place the vacuum hose in where the vectras breather hose was and gaffa tape seal it
-stick a breather catch pot on the end of your breather hose and let it to the out side - i dont get any smoke or smell!
- i put a viper on the end of the vectra pipe-but a cheap cone will do
-advance dizzy timing [loosen 2studs and twist] - listen to the revs-paint previous setting to return to
-i eco-tek'd the servo pipe
-i will power boost it when i get a fuel rail plate

other mods to follow
-fit 10mm races leads i have left lying about
-heat resistant paint to all zorst pipes with heat wrap to manifold
-blank off EGR
-Headwork port spit and polish / rough out inlets / polish outlets / bevel inlets / lightly centre punch base of cylinder head for turbulance as with inlet ports
-Rework and rough out throttlebody

copy at your own risk m8- i have a traders insurance policy covering all modifications

but mine...shes drives and sounds like a motorbike lol

i like the idea of the 1.3 cams tho anyone done this for a 1.0L?

dont put a large bore exhaust on - you need the back pressure or it will be flat as a fart!

its a £250 throw away banger so not buying anything new for it

Done Mods so far:
i took off the air box and pipes and stretched a vectra B 2L16v induction hose on it [keep the air flow on as it joins the 2 rubber hoses together-lay the pipe and cone to the o/s front-place the vacuum hose in where the vectras breather hose was and gaffa tape seal it
-stick a breather catch pot on the end of your breather hose and let it to the out side - i dont get any smoke or smell!
-advance dizzy timing [loosen 2studs and twist] - listen to the revs-paint previous setting to return to

other mods to follow
-blank off EGR
-Headwork port spit and polish / rough out inlets / polish outlets / bevel inlets / lightly centre punch base of cylinder head for turbulance as with inlet ports

copy at your own risk m8- i have a traders insurance policy covering all modifications

dont put a large bore exhaust on - you need the back pressure or it will be flat as a fart!

rubish. a 4branch manifold and a nice free flowing exhaust will (and has) released a good 15bhp+ on a 1.3 and around 10bhp on the 1.0, dont post sensationalist claims or untrue comments. the janspeed full system will not only sound brilliant. but mke a vast improvement over the stock system.

[/COLOR]

rubish. a 4branch manifold and a nice free flowing exhaust will (and has) released a good 15bhp+ on a 1.3 and around 10bhp on the 1.0, dont post sensationalist claims or untrue comments. the janspeed full system will not only sound brilliant. but mke a vast improvement over the stock system.

rubbish?
i have tried a free flow system as it was on the car when i bought it ..ie free flowing back box
...........and felt flat as a fart you need back pressure !! standard box on and its better performance

any fool and custom zorst fitter will tell you that with small engines you need back pressure ...... well with my 1.0L car anyway 1 cant comment for 1.3 as i dont have one to try

i would like a 4-2-1 but the cats in the way:down:

a backbox wont change your back pressure, its at the very end of the system. also if you can free up the entire exhaust system with 2" piping that is smooth and free of corners then it will have an amazing effect on your engine's performance.

i modify for performance and fuel economy only - i aint bothered about looks

Done Mods so far:

other mods to follow
-blank off EGR
-Rework and rough out throttlebody

its a £250 throw away banger so not buying anything new for it

Hey I know this is old reply you did back in the day, but were you ever able to up your mpg with some mods you did? I travel 238mi a day and I'm trying to squeeze any mpg I can get out of my micra. I also have a 1.0 and I try not to drive too fast (120 kph) and I have all my fluids, tires pumped up but I still only average 35 mpg. I thought about trying to cover the rear tires like you see on youtube or the old honda insight I believe it was to reduce some wind resistance or put some K&n filter air filter. Just wanted to see if you had any success we can keep posted because I really don't care what it looks like as long as I get some good mpg. Thanks

Back