1999 K11 Pollen Filter

Hi. Just looking for a definitive answer to whether a non-air con K11 has a pollen filter or not. The heater in my 1999 car is rubbish and have been researching causes/solutions. Thanks.

Thanks for your response davvyboy. My car is a1999 facelift model. I thought it would be a simple matter to clarify but it seems confusing. I suppose there is one sure way to find out

Thanks for the advice guys, I will have a look at what you've suggested. The heater blows mildly warm air so isn't a total failure, just takes a while to clear the screen. I will update on my progress.

Thanks for the advice guys, I will have a look at what you've suggested. The heater blows mildly warm air so isn't a total failure, just takes a while to clear the screen. I will update on my progress.
I had 1998 model and after i changed the pollen filter everything works great ! The heater now blows very clean air with much more speed
Change the pollen filter. If you never change it you will be surprised the factory one what color has.. i was shock !! :)

Thanks George k11, it's looking like my car may not have the filter after all as it doesn't have air con. I'm going to look at the heater card and system flush as suggested by Infinty

Thanks George k11, it's looking like my car may not have the filter after all as it doesn't have air con. I'm going to look at the heater card and system flush as suggested by Infinty
You're contradicting yourself. If you have aircon then you haven't got the filter. If you haven't got aircon then you will have the filter.

hi every one ,
can any one give me a exact location as where the pollen filter is located, as I have seen many of the club members stated that it is located behind the glove box, or a picture of the location, if any one has changed it. many thanks in advance.
Mohammed

It needs to be cut through with a knife, there's no removable panel for it. Look out up where to cut it

hi every one ,
can any one give me a exact location as where the pollen filter is located, as I have seen many of the club members stated that it is located behind the glove box, or a picture of the location, if any one has changed it. many thanks in advance.
Mohammed
Hello Mohammed. Just saw this. Yeah, its behind the glove box, there is a thread on here for its removal.
I've never done it, but its a sod to remove they say.
Use the search function, and you'll be ok.

Early K11s as far as I am aware do Not have a pollen filter, But I believe all facelift K11s without A/C do have one, all the facelift ones I have seen that have no A/C have had them.

Hello Mohammed. Just saw this. Yeah, its behind the glove box, there is a thread on here for its removal.

Hello Davyboy
thank you for the email and the advise.
I have done my after the clue I got from one off the post . Its write that it is behind the glove box. I am sorry that I could not post it in the forum for others earlier due to busy at work.
After I have opened the glove box I have noticed there were perforated marks. As this perforated panel was made of plastic it was easy to cut with a cutter,i used my wire cutter,this can easily be cut with a Stanley knife.I only cut the left side of the perforated line then pulled it towards write side then unclipped the wire on the left also unhooked the wire,then removed the one screw that holds the bracket for the filter.remove the filter and replace it. after replacing the filter put the bracket on ,top side goes in a recess, the bottom side screwed in with the one screw that was taken off
then push back the plastic panel that you cut earlier at perforated mark Aline it and tape it. not cello tape, but I used gaffer tape because they are stronger and holds stronger,then put back on the glove box it took me less then half hour. I hope this would help everyone who is in need to replace the pollen filter.mine was completely clogged up and I couldn't get airflow fast,there was also smell from clogged up filter. Now its greeeeat & no smell excellent heat .at one time I thought the heater matrix is may be gone.
I thank everyone

Back