1998 1.0 Micra Twister ABS?

Hi guys -just bought a '98 1.0 Twister as a 2nd car commuter. I've got the clicking noise with full lock on turning right, so I assume it could be the n/s CV joint that needs replacing. When looking on ebay for the part, the choice is ABS or non ABS versions. How can I tell if my Micra has ABS? It certainly doesn't feel like it has.

frank

Club Member
it should have a square block with brakepipes sticking out near the battery if it has abs, and some ebay c/v listings are wrong (the 1.0 prefacelifts have a smaller one)

Thank you Frank. Could you possibly provide me with any further pointers about what to look out for on th CV joint? Also, a mechanic mate of mine has suggested that it might just be easier to buy a n/s drive shaft. Do you think this is necessary?

frank

Club Member
Thank you Frank. Could you possibly provide me with any further pointers about what to look out for on th CV joint? Also, a mechanic mate of mine has suggested that it might just be easier to buy a n/s drive shaft. Do you think this is necessary?
the pre-facelift 1.0 has the same (smaller) c/v as the k10 mate, so if the ebay listing says "1.0 micra 93 to 03" be wary, and i,ve only ever changed the outboard c/v personally

Auto factors (eurocar parts) did me a cv joint for 30ish quid, think they wanted an 60ish for entire shaft, which reminds me, got to do the other side now

So - it seems to depend on the amount of teeth on the CV joint on both the hub and gearbox side?
Do you know which I should be looking for, for my 98 facelift Twister?