1994 Super S - Wiring up a 3rd brake light??

Just swapped my boot lid (1994 Super S) over to one from a 1997 model which has a 3rd brake light.

Plugged everything in using the wiring from said boot lid, and the 3rd brake light doesn't work - checked the bulb, and all seems well there....

Any thoughts?

i retro fitted an sr brake light on my super s... spliced the 3rd brake light wires into the brake light wires.
works fine:
[video=youtube;AUvmANHRXLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUvmANHRXLc[/video]

don't suppose you did a thread of "how to"? - or can you recall which wires to chop into?
No how to i'm afraid positive in the 3rd brake light goes to the red/green wire on the brake cluster. (use a multimeter if needed, to be on the safe side.)
and it's grounded on a bolt on the right hand side next to the right cluster.
the problem is actually getting the wires through the boot to the grommet and to the cluster the rest is easy.
Poor pictures from an old iphone i'm afraid:
Positive:
dbc68f8b.jpg

Negative:
3e431549.jpg

Good luck! :D

Thanks for that Shaun!

I reckon feeding the wires through should be a doddle - become something of an expert at it over the last 2 days :p

That's actually one of the most helpful posts anyone's ever given me on here by the way - If I could "Thank" you more than once I would!! :grinning:

Thanks for that Shaun!

I reckon feeding the wires through should be a doddle - become something of an expert at it over the last 2 days :p

That's actually one of the most helpful posts anyone's ever given me on here by the way - If I could "Thank" you more than once I would!! :grinning:

Well if you need any more help let us know. I'll either be on here or the other forum. Micra.proboards.com
Don't forget pictures/video when done :)

Back