1994 (K11?) Micra radio wiring problem.

Hello!

I bought my first Micra (1994 pre facelift) today and the radio is not working. There seems to be no power at all and the previous owner told me that it's because the ACC wire ( not the constant 12V) is disconnected. After consulting a local car audio company there indeed seems to be a few wires disconnected.

The previous owner had installed an aftermarket radio with at least a subwoofer and had disconnected the subwoofer and the amp before selling. There is a ISO connector (picture) installed but there are some missing wires on the original wiring on the car side. So installing a new ISO connector would not help.

Does anyone have photos on the connectors so I could see what wires there are supposed to be and where they should be connected to?

I'll post a picture of the mess tomorrow.

ct20ns01-nissan-autokohtainen-johtosarja-iso-f80.jpg

Checkes the audio fuse,
Is it missing the small plug as low spec or early ones can be fitted without rear speaker wiring
Tried a volt, meter
Tried a a earth on the dash frame as they use the arial and are terrible , without the original stereo mounts that als act as a earth

Sent from my LM-Q630 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Checkes the audio fuse,
Is it missing the small plug as low spec or early ones can be fitted without rear speaker wiring
Tried a volt, meter
Tried a a earth on the dash frame as they use the arial and are terrible , without the original stereo mounts that als act as a earth

Sent from my LM-Q630 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Thank you for the reply! The fuse looks fine, but the ground wire is not connected to anything.
There's also a few loose wires and none of them seem to be acc wires (although I might be wrong)

Sorry for bad pics, I didn't feel like removing the whole dash just yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20201127_122807.jpg
    IMG_20201127_122807.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20201127_122833.jpg
    IMG_20201127_122833.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
By looking at the adapter, it would seem that the dimmer cable is only one that's cut. The four wires that are cut look like they are for the rear speakers. At least judging by their colors. The stereo is grounded, fuse is good and the constant v12 and switched v12 seem to be connected but there's still no power at all..

Hi, some do not require a ground, I read this somewhere when doing research on my Micra. I was doing the research because ACC wire, not the constant 12v, which should be red or yellow, but the ACC wire was not connected to the radio and it was draining my battery, so it is important that you have the ACC connected on my vehicle was Blue with White/Gray strip.

Hi, some do not require a ground, I read this somewhere when doing research on my Micra. I was doing the research because ACC wire, not the constant 12v, which should be red or yellow, but the ACC wire was not connected to the radio and it was draining my battery, so it is important that you have the ACC connected on my vehicle was Blue with White/Gray strip.

Thank you for the reply!

I believe I have the ACC hooked up but there's still no power. Might be that the one of the previous owners has damaged the harness when they removed their aftermarket sound system.
But thanks for the tip! I might have to take a look at it again. Would be easier to have a working car stereo than to just have the jbl bluetooth speaker which I am using at the moment...