1992 K10 Headlamp fixings

Hi,

New to here so hear I am. I have a K reg K10 1.2L Chic which I and my oh have drven for the last two years. Its a great car, Starts every time and we prefer to use it over our new Clio.

The problem I have is that a few days ago, I took out the nearside head lamp and side lamp on a steel step on the back of a lorry at a roundabout. There is no body damage. I bought a replacement lamp from fleabay (no vehicles in my local scrapyard) and side lamp. The side lamp fits perfectly, but I cannot fit the headlamp as the two bolts that screw into the body were lost and the plastic plug they fitted into have disintegrated.

Does anyone know where I can get these bolts and plastic plugs from or the actual name of them so I can spend the week on the net trying to find them? I don't really want to bodge the job if I can do it properly.

In addition, the centre internal light keeps coming on when I go around tight corners. I know its the nearside door but the seals look in very good condition - do I need to replace the switch?

Sorry to ask so much as a newbie, but I would really appreciated any advice you can give.

welcome :)

I know the Bolts you mean but unsure as to what size they are, maybe 5" X 8mm?

For the plugs may I suggest this? http://www.craft-products.com/polyform-plastic.asp

P1010012.JPG

Make your own maybe?

If you remove the Door switch you'll be able to check the wiring.
If all is well adjust the Door striker plate by undoing the 2 large screws and moving the plate. These will be tight so get a chunky long shafted Screwdriver or use an Impact screwdriver.....*remember knuckles ;)
After slight adjustment tighten screws then test door closure, it should shut with a firm push and not by slamming.

Hi Thanks for that. Managed to get some 80mm bolts with a few extra nuts. Will take to a friend to aligned then lights perfectly next week but on my garage wall they look fine at the moment.

Light is now sorted - moved the base plate slightly and I can go round corners with no lights showing. Have adjusted the other doors as well and this has virtually eliminated the rushing air sound going along the A1!

Just waiting for the side lamp and it will be almost perfect again.

Cheers again,(Y)

Back