1992 K10 1.2 5 door TO CLEAR to best offer must be quick

My K10 failed its mot on saturday i've had it for almost 5 years and its without doubt the best car i've had for economy both petrol and general reliability ,i dont have the time to do the work myself , i live in a flat in the middle of town with nowhere other than the street to park so breaking it myself is not an option either . I have been offered £75 by a local scrapyard for it . Its a shame to send it to be crushed with a load of really good parts so the first decent offer over £75 i'll accept .
The mileage is 96565, the 1.2 engine runs really well it does not burn oil or leak , the radiator is a couple of years old , i had the original rebuilt and it wasn't cheap ! in the last couple of years i also had new front discs and a rear exhaust section , last year i replaced the tailgate gas struts. the sunroof still has its screw on cover.
Mot fails
rear of the outer and inner sills holed both sides
front brake binding
nearside headlamp main beam not working
front suspension arm bushes deteriorated excessive movement
rear exhaust mounting
nearside front inner wing suspension mounting area corroded
nearside rear shock leaking nearside rear wheel bearing rough when rotated

its got to be worth the money for the engine , and rad alone ,alternator and starter motor great too . The gearbox has developed a whirring noise on tickover so is probably worn in the layshaft area it drives fine though
its taxed till 31march but i need it moved quickly please contact me on 10am-5pm (work)
or
i will have to have it carted away next week by scrapper if no one contacts me asap.

DSC00689.jpg
DSC00695.jpg
DSC00694.jpg
DSC00692.jpg
DSC00691.jpg
DSC00690.jpg
DSC00696.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bassman1
So thats a
Good 1.2 engine
good radiator
good rear section exhaust
all for £75
and i'll throw in the rest of the car free ! ;)

OP
OP
bassman1
thats a lot of postage stamps ;)looking likely to be a scrap job as zero interest, will wait till monday night see if anyone wants it and ring scrapyard tuesday morning , wish i could break it myself .

OP
OP
bassman1
Thanks for looking gents , sadly no takers so car gone to the scrapyard , bloody shame the rad and engine were very very good, oh well, if the bloke collecting it this morning is breaking it i'll post his contact details .

OP
OP
bassman1
plain irritating to put it mildly , i wanted it out of the way by now , i've just replaced it with a 2.5 litre V6 rover 75 , sublime to the greedy ! i'll get another k10 one day though they are bloody good fun to drive .