1992 1.0 LS K10 specs ?

L

lifeonaplate

Hey im new here but recently got a '92 1 litre LS and was wondering if you could give me some specs on these cars?...8 valve or 16 valve?
And what carbs do these use etc?...im going to be modifiying the engine and bodywork and would like some info on what aftermarket parts are readily available for it.
Is there any higher cc models that use a larger inlet manifold and carb that have a similar mounting plates etc?...to gain some easy power, same question with the exhaust system.
Im more of a 2 stroke tuner so im new to the theory of 4 stroke tuning.
Any help appreciated cheers

Lee

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hi and welcome to the MSC

You'l find lots of info by searching around, however,

MA10 and MA12 engines are 8 Valve. They use Hitachi carbs (DCZ 306-81 for manual transmission and DCZ 306-82 for auto). Both engine's standard manifolds and exhausts are very restrictive.

There's only one aftermarket kit which i think is made by Delta Styling - but they probably dont produce it anymore! Other bodykits can be found on the Super S model or special edition micras. Your best bet is to check scrappies or the Buy and Sell section on here as they're hard to come across.

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
the nissan cherry has lots of similaritys to the k10 however finding one is very hard, i reckon that the manifolds could be similar but until i come across one i wont know 100%

the k11 janspeed maifold will for the k10 with a k10 flange fitted to it, the posts on the k11 manifold line up almost perfectly with the k10 ports

OP
OP
L

lifeonaplate

Cheers for the help guys, ive had a search around and found some decent info...for engine tuning at the minute im thinking along the lines of a 1.2 cylinder head, and xr2 inlet and carb and some form of air ram induction coming from the front grill.
Do you think the 1.2 head is a bit too large to work well on the 1.0?, i know my dads put a 1.3 nova head onto a 1.2 nova and it worked well but not sure if this will work at all.
Also in comparison to a 1.2 nova, whats the differences between one and a 1.0 k10 micra?...im guessing there faster(nova), but by alot?
Cheers

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
1.0 4 speed is 50 bhp
1.0 5 speed is 55bhp due to higher compression head
and 1.2 is 60bhp
also the k10 engine is aluminum and not cast like most engines of that age making it very light weight.

nova inlets can also be made to fit the k10 if the flange from the k10 is welded onto the nova inlet, same with the fiesta/xr2 ones ;) with a nova inlet on a k10 you open up a whole world of upgrades (carbs and the such)

ans yes the 1.2 head will go on a 1.0 block but tbh it would be cheaper and less work to just swap the eninges over which is quite easy to do if you got some savy ;)