1987 K10 photoshop

Hey, I should be picking up a 1987 auto K10 at the end of the month. very clean and the interior is beautifully retro. So decided just to do a photoshop of what I would Ideally want it to look like. I get the impression that rat-looking is frowned upon here but I want to lean towards that but still keep it nice and clean.

Original, pretty clean and only 54k on the clock:

thepicture.jpg

Photoshop (If anyone has a decent set of 13" alleycats PM me or post in this thread):

thepicturecopy-1.jpg

Tell me what you think of it, I'm open to any suggestions on ideas

OP
OP
Connor
Aha sorry man, but as soon as I saw it was in Hitchin (which is about 3 miles from my house) I knew it was meant to be :grinning:

id take the pin striping and door protectors off and i wouldn't go with the tints but apart from that it would look mint mate (Y)

OP
OP
Connor
So yeah photoshopped the rear last night,, thought it looked alright.

Rear original:
I think I might move the nipples closer together and get a smaller plate :p like a march

Rear-Copy.jpg

Photoshopped:
Bump strips and red line removed...looks a bit nicer but might keep them on for originality

Rear-Copy1.jpg

Front end V2:
Bump strips removed, wing mirror movd further down (lol bad editing ftw)

thepicturecopyfb-1.jpg

OP
OP
Connor
Actually thinking of keeping the red stripe, try and get red trim for the grill like a mk1 gti Golf? :p
Tempted to try and fit a mk1 golf front splitter on anyway, should be interesting

AH.K10

K10/K11
There is a recess in the top of the bumpers that is begging for a red stipe if you keep the bump strips! nothing wrong with leaning towards rat ;) Yeh is say loose the tints too im afraid. And a good back to black session when you get it! lol.

Can anyone tell me how to get photoshop?:)
full CS6?..about £600 from Amazon... <_<
basic elements version about £50 :)
...or you can get an open source program called "the Gimp" (no word of a lie) for FREE ;)
http://www.gimp.org/ that's what i usually use, well...I'm still on 2.4, must upgrade and see what the new one's like :p
...easy to learn and there are loads of tutorials around online too, they even have their own forum for users ;)

anyway back to the car...I think you should lose the bump strips, keep the red stripe and headlamps as they are
...wheel wise I think retro style wire multispokes are always a winner on an 80's classic, although the one's you've shopped on look pretty ace too :D

skymera

Brutal Honesty
...or you can get an open source program called "the Gimp" (no word of a lie) for FREE ;)
http://www.gimp.org/ that's what i usually use, well...I'm still on 2.4, must upgrade and see what the new one's like :p
...easy to learn and there are loads of tutorials around online too, they even have their own forum for users ;)

anyway back to the car...I think you should lose the bump strips, keep the red stripe and headlamps as they are
...wheel wise I think retro style wire multispokes are always a winner on an 80's classic, although the one's you've shopped on look pretty ace too :D

GIMP ftw :)

I compile the latest from git on Arch

And it's GNU Image Manipulation Program for any of you thinking of gimp masks.

thanks very much!:)