• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

1987 Be-1 restore project

whats the price difference?

£15, but as they only cost £60 not a bad percentage.

Question for the next purchase, can someone with a talented eye tell me if this is the same exhaust as the normal K10??

Photo1039.jpg

That exhaust looks slightly different to the standard K10. You any good with a welder? If you want a new system you could weld up a custom one

Wow that was quick, springs arrived this morning. Going on tomorrow hopefully. Quote expected for custom exhaust, strut brace and possible roll cage fabrication.

:D

Ok, so very very glad I didnt go with more that 30mm, although my mechanic swears these are more like 50mm.

How the car arrived:
Photo1331.jpg

The originals came off and once again showed the car to be in really good nick.
Photo1334.jpg

As you can see nice and clean

Dropped the front first and although it was done in slow mo, we both held our breath, jeez these springs are low:eek:.
Photo1336.jpg

So I'm now stuck with the car Loooooooooow :eek:, so low infact that its making some lovely "ill eat your arch liners" scrapping sounds whenever the car leans on the drivers side. This pic is without weight in the front, drops another inch + with me in it.
Photo1342.jpg

Will look to see if arches can be squared away or I might have to ditch the springs:down:.
Photo1339.jpg

Before
Photo1331.jpg

After
Photo1341.jpg

Ditch the wheels before the springs. With the correct offset and width you can go this low:

2770687759_03e8b1eb8a.jpg

Without scraping

Also that exhaust looks the same as the non cat micra exhaust. The closest picture I can get is:
IMGP0585.jpg

I'm going to stick my neck out here, that car looked lovely standard. Engine upgrade wise I wouldn't put anything more than an MA10T from a figaro.

Sorry Pete, wheels in motion hopefully ready for JAE.

Talking of wheels, any one know where I can find 195 15/s with a lower profile than 45??

Sorry Pete, wheels in motion hopefully ready for JAE.

Talking of wheels, any one know where I can find 195 15/s with a lower profile than 45??

Personally I wouldnt go any lower than 45's as then they look like rubber bands, rather than tyres. If I was you I would put the standard wheels back on till I could find some of these at the right price/size/offset

130_0710_15_z+2006_scion_xb+work_equip_03_wheel.jpg

work%20equip%2001.jpg

image.axd

Old school japanese wheels would suit so much better. (Y)

Been told getting 15's with 40 or below is a no go.

Options are swap front springs with stiffer ones, but this means more money, paying for them to come off etc etc.

Selling my 15's to get some 14's. (could be this one)

Hacking at the arches is not going to happen.

Bloody car.

Took it to Incarnation at the Ace Cafe last night. Loads of attention, even more than the skylines parked either side.

Go to leave and it wont start. Same as before, choke seems to be the problem. Its well behaved for ages and chooses this moment to play up!!

Anyway, manage to get it running thanks to a few of the lads. Get home ok with 1 hour drive.

Up nice and early this morning to pick up new alloys at 6:30. Bloody thing will not start. Had to call it a day as the gf was not impressed with me waking up the neighbors at 5:30.

Bloody K10 engines. . . hope the SR20 comes sooner rather than later!:(

Its dead, tried to get it running at around 9am. Just would not start, kept trying to tick over, bumped between 200 and 500 revs and nada. Think its the choke again, but can't see what brought it on!

Quick update, I've posted on other threads but forgot about this one.

After doing radiator flush to get brown gunk out, and trying a few other suggested options, I had a mate come round and do a compression test. Seems that its all over the place and head gasket is prime candidate with possible other complications. At the moment she is sat on my drive under cover. The Skyline is sucking money up at the moment but hope to have her fixed before the end of the summer so I can bring it to one of the car shows.

Here's hoping. :D

Right as above, blown head gasket put her undercover for a few months, not determined to get her up and running for summer (£1.30 a litre :( for the Skyline)

So with the help of the might my mate HESH we set to work on it, stripping the engine and taking count of what state the car was in :D

Photo1114.jpg

Photo1007.jpg

Some bit's start popping up that are not shown on the Haynes manual so reseach begining:
Photo1615.jpg

Photo1616.jpg

Sod to remove head as most bits need to come off, but not bad for mornings work:
Photo1618.jpg

For a 23 year old car, she's in semi good nick:
Photo1622.jpg

Photo1621.jpg

But.........she has some bad bits, not too bad, but needs work;
Photo1624-1.jpg

Photo1625-1.jpg

Photo1623-1.jpg

Major issues so far have just been the odd seized bold, but 90% of it has been pretty #### up free :D

poor little micra don't be too hard on it....:devil:
glad you have got something sorted and planned for it though looking forward to progression (Y)

if i were you, id take the whole lot out of the red micra, and ditch all that ecc stuff, the standard setup (red micra) is so much easier to work with.

Bud the red one was rolled late last year, the owners dad removed engine and box as it was too good the scrap. Will find out what he has to go with it this weekend.
Trying to work out a shopping list of what I need on top. Drive shafts, Clutch peddle,ECU etc

New insperation for this project, have spoken to Ed and hope to get car to his gaff in the next week or so :D

216047.jpg

Do we like the look or is it too much for a Be-1?

Few pics of Be-1's with scoops on the Island and not too keen.

Here is what I've scavanged on top of all the the original gumf pulled from the cars engine bay.
Photo1759.jpg

Photo1760.jpg

Photo1761.jpg

('Er in doors is now fed up with Skyline AND Micra bits strewn across the place)

Arranged to collect engine and gearbox (in the back of the gf's fiesta fwn) this Wed so now just waiting to find out from Ed when he can collect the car :D

PJG, Thanks to that man, moving into a whole different direction with the car now :D

Awesome look.

Met with Ed from Fusion on Friday, top bloke and more than happy to chuck the car his way now.

Few more updates;

These are off getting overlayed in carbon fibre which I hope will look pretty snazy with the yellow :laugh:
Photo1792.jpg

Photo1791.jpg

And on top of everything else now have these two sat in the girlfriends way :wasntme:
Photo1779.jpg

Photo1778.jpg

im planning on converting my ST to a manual soon but dont know how difficult it would be and what things i would need clutch wise :S

Car is now on the back of Ed's trailor enroute to Fusion Motorsports.

:p

:D Ed will have that lump out, stripped down and back in before you know it. When I dropped my K11 off at his place for him to map the Omex he called me up within hours and was already driving it en-route to the garage for fuel. He doesn't hang about that's for sure hahaha!

Its already done hahaha. Just goto do the gear linkage connect up the rad and sort out the pipework/elec and it will be done... :)

Just changed the engine. I didn't look at the old one (no point) But I suspect the block cracked from freezing.

Its running now, but needs a few bits to finish which I guess Ross must still have.

Popped down to see the car today, :grinning: , should be getting it taxed this week so it will be on the road by the weekend.

Little concerned about just how stiff the short shift is, reminds me of the old army Land rovers and then some. Might have to remove if I can't get used to it.

Photo1857.jpg

Photo1859.jpg

Photo1858.jpg

Also lost out on an awesome set of gold 12" deep dish 4 spokes on Ebay which went for £156!!, I hate Vodafone :D

hahaha. :) if you didnt try reloading 100 pages it would have been fine!

Back