195 miles from full tank £48 1.0L

You guys are getting really good mileage on your micra's, im lucky getting 200 on a full tank.. I've put £25 in it now, and gonna see how much miles that lasts me, im hoping to get atleast 200 out of it, maybe my driving style wasnt as good before. Just going to have to wait and see, then i see if this micra goes or stays.. Il keep you guys updated on the outcome.

I honestly used to thrash mines nicely and get 320 instead of 340 . it has to be running right no guess work involved.

Filled her up after my run to the airport and doing an around town mileage check as I post. No long range stuff planned for a few weeks, so a good chance to check my urban mpg.
At the moment....72.6 miles and just hit the 3/4 tank mark - looking good for 45 mpg urban !!!!

Mines on 276 atm on the red line, im keeping going til the fuel light comes on though :) when that happens theres about 70 miles left in the tank depending on the car's mood. Red line on the tank is about 33-4 litres down on mine, loads left when i'm apparently "out" of fuel

Yes. The gauges on these little girls are like asking a woman her age. My advice...never ask !!!! Just keep giving her some juice and sort of - look the other way, cuz, she ain't gonna tell you the truth anyway's.

It´s not good for the gearbox if you drive at 30mph in 5th gear.....these K11 and other nissan gearboxes are "famous" of lubrication issues (main bearings failing/5th gear not keeping in/etc) and overfilling is not a bad option. And if the gearbox has bearing issues then the fuel consumption goes up because there is more friction. I have that problem in one of my K11 and you can really tell there is something wrong with the gearbox because it is noisy and the engine braking is massive when you are in gear.

I put 15 litres twice time now. I do get 120miles on both. (no petrol flash so its still leftover.)I do agree with joe cos these petrol gauge are playing around on us!

Oh yea cherry, I used to put 5th gear for 40mph (wasn't me). I do get slightly gear slipping now so it's time to change new clutch and replace gearbox with working reverse wiring from donor micra soon. :)

As well as changing engine oil and filter regularly, I also change my gearbox oil and rear axle oil as well on a regular basis. Just done all my vehicles... £120 for the three, not bad.
Also my air filters annually, and plugs to spec, its the life blood of the engine, keep it clean inside and it will serve you well.

Never had an issue on any of my micra riding 5th at 30mph, and one of mine did 130k on the clock, and not just that, but datascan reckons we get about 55-60mpg at 30mph in 5th on flat road, surely theres no issues if the gearbox has the correct level of oil??

It´s ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- engine braking is massive when you are in gear.

idle valve sticking or set wrong has the same rough drag effect lowering down gears (eng breaking) i have found :)

Just did a mileage check for my in town mpg (over 3 weeks) 37.8 mpg with not a lot of granddad driving...sort of normal - but no pedal to the metal stuff either. Hap hap happy with that.
58 mpg on the motorway, or dual carriageway down here, driving sensible like. Still get 50mpg loaded and driving a bit quick..ish.
All these new fandangoed cars with the government fuel figures (liars) would struggle, and probably not be able to match those figures. Nissan certainly built a car well in advance of its years. They're certainly the cheapest ladies I had the pleasure to meet and look after.

Just did a mileage check for my in town mpg (over 3 weeks) 37.8 mpg with not a lot of granddad driving...sort of normal - but no pedal to the metal stuff either. Hap hap happy with that.
58 mpg on the motorway, or dual carriageway down here, driving sensible like. Still get 50mpg loaded and driving a bit quick..ish.
All these new fandangoed cars with the government fuel figures (liars) would struggle, and probably not be able to match those figures. Nissan certainly built a car well in advance of its years. They're certainly the cheapest ladies I had the pleasure to meet and look after.
How do you do that?

I have done 266 for 33.54 letters of fuel toped with redex. I am coasting whenever possible.

Regards

Just checked your figures, you're getting 39 .7 mpg. That's better than me if its all around town ???? Coasting, in or out of gear ??...out of gear uses fuel.
Try this. When your driving in top gear...lift your foot of the throttle, but only to the point where you don't lose speed (Feathering) Quite surprising how far you can lift and not lose speed.
Also, engine braking instead of footbrake seems to safe a huge amount. I don't mean no footbrake at all, but where I would always go into 5th and footbrake, now I often stay in 4th and use the engine to slow the car before braking, particularly around town with a junction or idiot in front. seems to work well.
Just starting to get into how high these figures can go, without losing the driving pleasure.

Feathering gets some incredible figures! 30mph has a ton of economy behind it and bang on 60 is a sweet spot also averaging between 50 to 55 according to ecutalk at 60 where the throttle is lightest, still get a wopping 13mpg at WOT though haha!

Bro, im servicing my micra this week, havent had time to get it done over past few weeks, been driving it as it is, im getting 45 miles to the tenner at the moment, after a service it should be running sweet :) .. Also i carbon wrapped door handles, pillars, and bump strip, sunstrip, cars looking nice, going to do the roof in carbon fibre wrap soon ;D

I get around 300 miles but I do a lot of motorway driving, my teachings slightly off and my tyre pressures are set to 32 on 13" tyres. I know my discs and pads will need doing soon, got serviced a few months ago so it's okay in that sense, I'm just wondering if I'm missing anything :p, I get around 70/80 miles off a tenner aswell urban, pushes to 100 if its a 60 mile motorway and 40mile urban I reckon

Got 76 miles out of 5.97liters litres. £1 per 10 miles ain't bad! 57mpg. Mostly feathering and dual carriage ways.
Well done, I got 58mpg driving the same way, cheap as chips little cars to run. Just put 15" rubber on mine and was expecting a drop in mpg - nope, just checked it this week 41/43mpg around town, happy pappy here.... as my great grandson calls me:)

Also a side note i have noticed that 10 litres from shell last longer than 10 litres of esso. This thends to be consistant across any number of litres and conditions. Anyone else notice this?

I was getting 38 mpg from tes** consistently over a period of 6 months, changed to she** and now get 45 mpg. Gone from 240 ish to 300 min before going into the red. Es** I get about 280. This is done by brimming tank on refuel. Mostly urban driving. When motorway driving it goes
up to 50mpg. So yes I've noticed a big difference.

Back