160SR Service Intervals?

CocoPops

Ex. Club Member
The dealer said every 9,000 miles, but the countdown timer in the car (when you start it) says 18,500 (or rather 17,400 now).

So is it 9,000miles, 18,500miles or something else?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Id ask him to ask around on your behalf, after all, it was he / them that supplied you with the wrong information in the first place, and get them to ring you back when they have an answer!

R

RIK

if you read your manaul,you can change the "oil change" timer to as many or as less miles as u want

masterbiker

Ex. Club Member
my K12 1.2SX (04 plate) had a service interval of 9000 miles. he migh just be quoting that, but if the SR's interval is different i have no idea

SplanK

Site Supporter
depends on how long you are going to keep the car, 9000 miles is ok for servicing but in my opinion its WAAAAY to long for an oil change.
I would suggest get it changed every 3-5k... on my primera i get it changed every 3k...

oh and if its a new new 0 mile car i suggest changing the oil at 1000 run in miles to be on the safe side...

just keep the receipts and will help with re-sale later if thats the plan

P

Pace

1.0, 1.2 and 1.4 litre K12 Micras are indeed every 9000 miles. Leeroy UK is right with the 12000 mile/ 12 month interval. 1.5 dCi engines are every 18000 miles or 2 years

T

twisterboy

The last service I got was a three year or 27000 mile service on my micra and it was only two years old and the car had only done 18500, mind you I never trust the garage anyway they have treated me like poo since I got the car with all the problems it has had.

and my micra was a 1.0e 16v.