160SR.First Month

M

Monkey_Custard

Hi

i picked up my 160sr on the 12th of august from jamjar cars.com after paying £9467.49 OTR which was good compared to my local dealer who wanted £10.300 OTR.

Anyway I’ve had this for 6 weeks now and so far I’m pleased with it. i have managed to clock up over 6000 miles in the car in that time. Which is a lot. I have gone out and bought a cheap banger to bomb around in so i can save the 160 from the increasing high miles I’m doing at the moment.

I’m experiencing a few problems with the 160.

1. The tailgate is rattling along with the plastic panel on the back of it.
Feels like it needs adjusting/better fitting etc. not impressed with that.

2. i have an intermittent prob with spot lights. When there on and i indicate to turn. They switch themselves of and come back on again. they also switch off briefly when i flick the high beam on. Then they settle down and are ok.

3. i was driving along and the central locking activated its self. i heard the indicators flash and saw the immobiliser light flash this lasted for a few seconds.

4. The driver’s window is a bit rattly.

I’m getting worried that the car may turn out to be a lemon.

Anyone else having any probs with there new 160

Other than that, I’m loving my 160. My dog also likes it. he liked it so much he managed with his claws, to put an 8 inch scratch down the drivers door

6000 miles, 1 big scratch on the paint work, rattly tailgate and trim. Electrical gremlins. all with in the first 6 weeks and I’m beginning to think my car is F*****

take care all and good night

S

Slim

well, you've bought a K10. They aren't the best built, and things have always been wrong with them since the very firstoneswere built. But they are a very cheaply built car. You have a lot of spec for your money, so something has to give smewhere. All you ca ndo is take it back to your dealer and keep pestering them until your happy.

CocoPops

Ex. Club Member
They aren't spotlights, they are fog lights, so probably shouldn't be used that often anyway!!

I've now done 2000 miles in my 160sr in just under a month (reg'd 14th Sept).

I'm loving the Heated seats, they work well, just what ya need as the winter draws in.

OP
OP
M

Monkey_Custard

heated seats. there good. i had them n my old fiat. i hope any electrical probs that might happen dont happen in the heated seat dept: as it might BBQ the cheeks of your a*** and not warm them! LOL

as for the fog lights, thanks for the corrrection. i tend to use them when going down dark country roads, they make a difference for me.

T

twisterboy

[QUOTE=Monkey_Custard

4. The driver’s window is a bit rattly.

My micra E has that problem but mine is one of the first of the line so I have to live with that, but my passenger window is a joke, the motor is going on it and I have managed to flatten the battery putting it up and down it is so slow!!!

I've had a couple of problems with the tailgate and I am pretty sure when it is cold and damp it is opening because a couple of times I have started the car I have noticed the door open light and find it is the boot.

I'm waitng till it gets a wee bit colder and if it happens I'm taking it to the garage to get it sorted under warrenty.

Otherwise a great wee car without the problems.

R

RIK

ive had one problem with mine,and thats the rear wiper has stopped working

but Mr Dixon at NISSAN will fix it im sure :)

P

Pace

Don't pester your dealer (it's not his fault!), you should be giving Jam Jar a hard time!

R

RIK

Pace said:
Don't pester your dealer (it's not his fault!), you should be giving Jam Jar a hard time!

yeah,go to where u bought it :D

i said my dealer cos thats wer i got mine

P

Pace

Now done approaching 2000 miles in my 160SR and loving it more and more.

Did 200miles today annoying drivers in other cars who didn't like the idea of a Micra beating them in a straight line or through the twisty stuff.

Had some plonker in a rude-boy KA try to race me on a duel carridge way -no contest!

No problems apart from the usual (but only occassional) K12 loud clonk when you hit a bump braking very hard. CD autochanger stopped working but it was just a loose connection. Somenone managed to open their door against the front wing and put a small indentation just on the wheel arch. Should pop out though with the dent man.