160SR black code?

CocoPops

Ex. Club Member
Can anyone who has a 160SR please check the paint code on the label inside the drivers door?

Mine is Z11, does that match your paint code?

I have a funny feeling Z11 is Pearl Black and not Nero Black as per the brochure. I may be wrong, but I can't get onto the Nissan site at the moment to check the brochure.

Pete

Site Supporter
Z11 is renault pearl black, it's been a clio colour for ages, and the standard nissan pearl black for all the K12's, Andy's k12 was Z11 and for a time parts of my 2cv were too :p

L

LEEROY_UK

yeh mine says Z11, whats this connection with renault anyhow, keep hearing it coming up ?

OP
OP
CocoPops

CocoPops

Ex. Club Member
Renault own 33% of Nissan and Nissan own 33% of Renault. (I think thats right).

So there are some common parts.

ie the wing mirrors are EXACTLY the same on the Micra as they are on the Clio

R

RIK

so,,start looking into brake conversions from bigger cars,,,so we can buy big brembo's!!!

Ian

Ex. Club Member
CocoPops said:
Renault own 33% of Nissan and Nissan own 33% of Renault. (I think thats right).

So there are some common parts.

ie the wing mirrors are EXACTLY the same on the Micra as they are on the Clio

look at them side by side. With a keen eye you can see they are the same chasis.

Pete

Site Supporter
the K12 micra is the basis for the NEXT clio, renault are testing the chassis for their beloved clio. The Micra is stuffed full of renault parts tho, the most obvious of which are the wing mirrors that on the underside actually say renault!!!! the gearbox is renault as well i'm led to believe.

M

Monkey

the K12 Micra and the new (weird IMO Shape) Primera are both more Renault than Nissan, Renault Design and parts, in the micra you might find the starter motor winds on (keeps going) after you switch the car on for a bit.............. Renault Starter + Nissan Wiring = some problems. a lot of micras have had to have new starters at less than 20,000 miles

i think its more than 33% that they each own.

the Renault Megane Cup is powered by a 3.5l V6 from a................. 350Z

also alot of the parts will be interchangeable with pug and citroen as they all share parts on some things

Pete

Site Supporter
Monkey said:
the K12 Micra and the new (weird IMO Shape) Primera are both more Renault than Nissan, Renault Design and parts, in the micra you might find the starter motor winds on (keeps going) after you switch the car on for a bit.............. Renault Starter + Nissan Wiring = some problems. a lot of micras have had to have new starters at less than 20,000 miles

i think its more than 33% that they each own.

the Renault Megane Cup is powered by a 3.5l V6 from a................. 350Z

also alot of the parts will be interchangeable with pug and citroen as they all share parts on some things

The Primera P12 was the last of the nissan designs. They don't have much to do with PSA. The PSA engine is the only really marketable thing (apart from the c1/107 platform they developed with Toyota) and they only people i can think of that work with PSA on engines are Ford/Jaguar. I can't think of anything that is interchangable between PSA car's and Renault/Nissan.

The V6 engine has been a favourite of Renault for a long time appearing in the clio, megane, even the bloomin old Espace's, I think the 350Z having the 3.5V^ is more renault's influence than renault taking it from the 305Z.

R

RIK

MA12:) said:
the K12 micra is the basis for the NEXT clio, renault are testing the chassis for their beloved clio. The Micra is stuffed full of renault parts tho, the most obvious of which are the wing mirrors that on the underside actually say renault!!!! the gearbox is renault as well i'm led to believe.

my mirrors dont say renault on them!

the wheels are the same too with different centre caps,,obv

the inicator stalks are used in both and sun visors,,loads more but i cant be ased to chek up on them

Pete

Site Supporter
lol they must have changed the mirror mould then :p I'd be interested in seeing your K12 RIK, i've not seen any of these fancy new K12's yet.

R

RIK

some pics in the garage,,ide be at santa pod on the 9th but it has to be modified!!!!! grr