1600 gone :-(

j.a.kelly

Ex. Club Member
well...yesterday was the day...

A mini-meet @ goldstars, consisting of 2 micras a corsa and a Yari Tsport, so not really much of a micra show...but nether the less Goldstar, Paddy, NeX and my missus stood tearfully as the deal was done (NeX had tears of joy tho)

Im sure he must have flown round gary's block at least 10 times - he couldnt get enough!! & Paddy got to experience it before it went 'down south'!!

I miss it so much now, and as soon as I saw NeX drivin it i wanted it back :-(

Still - its gone to a good home - and i need updating constantly!! It got him home too...and quite annoyingly, we managed to sort the idle before he went..DAMN!!

I wanna cry now...Gary...hug mate... lol

JK

well i can see the car right now!!!!! so i can tell you she is ok.

(she is being stord by my house cos nex wants me to keep an eye on it..)

had a go yesterday it is great

:D:D that trip was sooo much fun, except for sitting in traffic... because the car idled at 1500 I couldn't get it to go slowly without slipping the clutch... will have a play with the idle cable tie and see if i can sort it lol,

anyway here is a few pics :)

01-04-06_1249.jpg

01-04-06_1749.jpg

01-04-06_1750.jpg

NeX

regards 1st pic: it goes further than that :) on private tracks only tho...

once it hits the rest...u have to watch the revs instead! was that in 4th or 5th? coz iv had it on the rest at 6.8k in 4th?!

JK

j.a.kelly said:
NeX

regards 1st pic: it goes further than that :) on private tracks only tho...

once it hits the rest...u have to watch the revs instead! was that in 4th or 5th? coz iv had it on the rest at 6.8k in 4th?!

JK

yea i was in 5th and the only reson i didn't go faster (on my private track) was because this really slow type R gate crashed my private track and pulled infront of me lol,

according to the GPS it was only 110mph, but there was plenty of room left on the Tacho and the acceleration rate wasn't slowing down so i recon 130mph would only have been about 30 seconds away...

ah its such a hoot!! 4th gear will get u there quicker too - i put it in 5th after it hit limit in 4th and it carried on goin but i poo'd myself as my private trac was running out - and not forgetting the 1.0L brakes.....hmmm

JK

It was great meeting you James and Ralph, that car is alot of fun :) i absolutly LOVE the start up procedure !!! have you seen the video of Nex speeding away James ?

NO?!

linky!!! lol

Paddy, mate ur well cool lol - lowered the windows hahaha.

nice to meet you too

start up is theft proof - dont laugh!

JK

Was it not good meeting me?

Funny thing was every time NeX went round the block, as he was pulling back up he had a huge smile on nice face! everytime! lol

Everytime I see a 1.6 I remember why I want to do it, we shall see.

Enjoy it bud!!

haha, i dont think he properly floored it, still.....was a nice sending off for the lil red bullet.

i loved it when gaz robbed the lads 'chopper' style bike, now he was being a lil kid haha !

it was very nice meeting you all :) Goldstar's car is mint and it's gonna look even better once that front bumper is sorted out, see if you can get hold of some rubber filler to bridge those cracks cos they are always gonna flex.

1.0 brakes, that reminds me, as i was slowing down from 110, the car vibrated really hard and then sidewinded across two lanes!! i am changing them before i go back out in it lol, i had to remember that after 30 the brakes were pretty much useless lol,

hahaha... i know the situation well mate - definately wise to change them i recon!! they not much use really...you have to dab them a bit i think...im sure they were changed recently - i got charged for em anyway...maybe theres some other issue

JK

EDIT: at least the handbrake is mint...comes in useful too ;-)

j.a.kelly said:
a fun meet in all - takes away the pain of losing the car lol

- tho ive already spent the money - damn

JK

what did you spend the money on?!

yea them little kids, i told them the car had three turbos lol,

yea i could have easily spun the wheels for longer but the smell of burning rubber put me off lol,

WHAT?!

burning rubber is a lush smell lol...

the money is spent on a combination of the business and my Ibiza goodies!! Still its all fun...

JK

j.a.kelly said:
WHAT?!

burning rubber is a lush smell lol...

the money is spent on a combination of the business and my Ibiza goodies!! Still its all fun...

JK

lol yea it is but i thought of how much rubber there was left to burn on those wheels lol,

these sunny GTI brakes and band new vented disks should stop that 1.6 :D
02-04-06_1129.jpg

j.a.kelly said:
yeh they might help!! wen u decide to sell up...give me a shout 1st wont ya :-(

lol

JK

will do ;)

but i don't think this car will be going anywhere for a long time, i have soo many plans for it... i'm really stubborn like that, i have to do everything i wanted to do to it before i think about doing anything else...

thats why my first car is top priority. but i may go out to the 1.6 today and see if there is anything i can do to it so it will survive sitting outside for a while.

still have to find a garage for it...

yo James, what car was the ignition barrel from? i took it apart to find out how it was wired so i could wire in the engine start switch and i broke it... doh!

i'll need to find me a new one or just experiment. i can still start the car with a hot wire but there is one wire which does something cos a relay clicks but i don't know what its for...

its jus off a micra matey. I did have it starting off a button @ one stage - but i cant remember the wire colours. It flattened the battery so i took it all out. The switches i put in were gonna be the re-attempt by a sparky but never got to do it.

might be best getting it done mate - thats the second barrel ive been on!!

JK

edit: NeX ur gonna kick urself wen u look at the barrel too...coz its got stuff like 'ign' written on it lol

j.a.kelly said:
its jus off a micra matey. I did have it starting off a button @ one stage - but i cant remember the wire colours. It flattened the battery so i took it all out. The switches i put in were gonna be the re-attempt by a sparky but never got to do it.

might be best getting it done mate - thats the second barrel ive been on!!

JK

edit: NeX ur gonna kick urself wen u look at the barrel too...coz its got stuff like 'ign' written on it lol

#### so it does lol, well i'll just have to get a second barrael from a scrappy,

i think i will need different switches because from what i can see different circuits are connected or disconnected depending on what possition the barrel is in, so i'll need a multi pole switch...

thanks mate,

Back