• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

160 SR

Hi there, hope we are well. Just joined today. My Dad used to have a grey 1.4 Sport 3 dr years ago and loved it, wish he had never sold it so thats what got me into them. I always wanted a 160 SR and they now seem pretty rare. I made a 500 mile round trip today from Dalgety bay in Fife where i live to Wakefield to purchase one. Here was the car on the drive home today - so good to have an exciting daily again.

I like my cars standard so thats how it will be staying, but few jobs to do including:

1.) Alloys refurbed

2.) The wipers seem to have an annoying habit of going a wee touch too far and clattering off the plastic scuttle / side windscreen pillar whilst in operation (however not when the screens dry, only when its wet) - anyone any ideas??

3.) The heater blower only seems to work on speeds 3 and 4, resistor I'm assuming - easy to rectify?

4.) Give it a darn good service

5.) Original Micra K12 velour mats to be purchased and fitted.

6.) Seems to have slightly rising revs when changing from 2nd to third along with a wee vibration (possible exhaust?) at about 2,000 - 2250 rpm - any ideas?

7.) Infuriating rattle from either the tailgate or the rear seat, seem to recall my dads had this as well, was in the rear panel covering the wiper motor? Cant recall now all these years later

8.) Get a second key ordered up and programmed in as only came with one key (is this costly to have done does anyone know?)

The car seems good and had 56,000 miles on the clock and drove up the road no bother at all.

Kind Regards, Russell.

Last edited:
I noticed that wiper issue on mine. When wet the motor works slightly harder by the looks of it, but when dry or washers used on mine it don’t sit right when stopped as it’s not working so hard. Might just need adjusting.
Hope your not keeping the cream dials? First thing to be removed on mine for the black ones. Very easy job to do.
I wouldn’t mind original mats. I’m not sure which they are, so would appreciate a nudge in the right direction to get a set.
The leather on mine has gone shiny on the steering wheel and bad on the gear knob, how is yours looking?
Will look good next to mine, a standard one v a modified one!

I noticed that wiper issue on mine. When wet the motor works slightly harder by the looks of it, but when dry or washers used on mine it don’t sit right when stopped as it’s not working so hard. Might just need adjusting.
Hope your not keeping the cream dials? First thing to be removed on mine for the black ones. Very easy job to do.
I wouldn’t mind original mats. I’m not sure which they are, so would appreciate a nudge in the right direction to get a set.
The leather on mine has gone shiny on the steering wheel and bad on the gear knob, how is yours looking?
Will look good next to mine, a standard one v a modified one!

That's exactly the wiper issue yep, think it may be a linkage issue. lol I love the cream dials they are amazing haha. In terms of mats they are here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-N...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Steering wheel leather is v shiny as well however the gearknob s ok (although the black in the engraved numbers has worn off just leaving the engraved numbers in silver).

The cars will look great together!!

I'd keep the mats you have if using it over the winter, so the originals don't get ruins with snow, slush, dirt etc.
I think I might get those mats. Sick of the after market ones sliding every time I get out the car. Mine handles so much better with it lowered and new wheels. My wheels live on though, my mate (twisterboy on here) has them on his yellow V reg K11 Inspiration with adapters.

I'd keep the mats you have if using it over the winter, so the originals don't get ruins with snow, slush, dirt etc.
I think I might get those mats. Sick of the after market ones sliding every time I get out the car. Mine handles so much better with it lowered and new wheels. My wheels live on though, my mate (twisterboy on here) has them on his yellow V reg K11 Inspiration with adapters.

Deffo agree on the mats, I'll keep them under the rubber aftermarkets. Great to hear your wheels live on, need to watch out for the yellow K11 going about. What colour (and 3/5 door) is your Argo and I'll watch out for you cutting about?

The K11 will be there on Saturday at the meet.
My Aygo is a 5 door X-Cite in orange. My daily driver is always 5 door as it’s my practical car in case I need to give a lift to anyone.
My 160SR is 3 door which looks better. That car is more for the looks and for showing at the meets and pure fun. When you’ve been driving 3 Aygos, anything above a 1L is quick, but a 1.6 in a Micra, it’s hell quick!

The K11 will be there on Saturday at the meet.
My Aygo is a 5 door X-Cite in orange. My daily driver is always 5 door as it’s my practical car in case I need to give a lift to anyone.
My 160SR is 3 door which looks better. That car is more for the looks and for showing at the meets and pure fun. When you’ve been driving 3 Aygos, anything above a 1L is quick, but a 1.6 in a Micra, it’s hell quick!

Ill try and get along on Saturday mate and i really appreciate you keeping me updated. I love this wee car so much I'm genuinely considering selling my classic, and keeping the Micra good and buying another just a random daily car - the Micras just captivated my imagination so much its really time i saved the car before they all slip away into obscurity - if i use it as my daily car for a few years it will deffo get wasted and i know ill wish id of kept it good so I'm honestly considering taking it just a weekend car.

Ill watch out for your Aygo going about and give you a flash (not literally lol!!!) I cant get over how quick and responsive the car is as well, i LOVE everything about it!!

Well, it's vehicle, cars have 4 windows, vehicles have more :D
I have the CAR, pictured below :cool:

IMG_0096%20-%20Copy_zpspjjnayci.jpg
Deeply approve of that: stunning!!! :)

*Update* I originally bought the SR to daily but it's far too nice and too rare for that so it's now the pampered second car having bought a 2011 Fiesta Zetec TDCi to daily :)

Treated my SR to a little numberplate for itself - SR for obvious reasons, it was an 06 anyway, and my Initials making SR06RAM - seems to suit the car well :)