160 SR in Arctic White

So back in Decenmber my girlfriend was looking for a 160, she'd been after one for about 2 years, just happened to stumble across this white little beauty, never seen another, low miles, bargain price, had it

bfewbk.jpg

Decided to do some hunting, First reg of the car was M1 CRA, then it was owned by someone at nissan until now, that reg has since been on a five door 160 in white too, wanted more info, was amazed I couldnt even find pictures of these in white other than a press photo of the five door one, went on howmanyleft.com and emailed the guy who ran it, messaged back saying that there are only two 160sr's in Arctic White, an 08 three door (this one) and a 58 five door

15duulf.jpg

Anyone got any knowledge on this kinda stuff? Surely Nissan didn't just make one?

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
I've been thinking for a while lately about a prefacelift Sport+ or 160SR in white, and about how good it might look.

This has confirmed for me that it's an absolute cracker! Got any more pictures of it, like the front end etc?

As for the registration M1 CRA I believe that was the registration on the car Nissan used for their promotional photos? There's a white K12 with the registration M1 CRA on Guy's website micrak12.com and by the looks of it, that's the 58 reg 5 door you where on about!

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
This could be the one:

stock_photo.png

Just sold mine to George (MacKenzieCZ) :(. Still, new project starts at the weekend :).

OP
OP
S
I mentioned about preface lift headlights but if it is the only one it's best to leave it as it is, I need written conformation though, just unsure how!

OP
OP
S
Gave him (it's a he apparently o_O) a good wash and spit shine and took a few photos for you guys, sorry they're phone quality
IMAG0457.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

Still have no clue to prove the authenticity of this being the only one, all I've been told is according to the MOT register but can't get a screen shot :(

Anyways I also found a pic of the other Micra she had as her first car, a battered and bruised Super S, we added the bubblecaps for fun
23471_114763028533920_7524965_n.jpg

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
crispy work mate.spotless isnt he. most of em are hes. realization comes when he releases the adrenalin + steroids in the street :)

Hello...Utterly new to the site....pretty much joined to post about your beautiful 160SR...

I upgraded from My K11 (97 1.0 shape) to a K12 back in 2009
...but i had to have a white sport model, and a diesel (£30 tax)
I'm on the south coast and went all the way up to Manchester to purchase my baby :p
I have an Arctic white 2005 Sport+. so it's Pre 2007 facelift (prefer that grill to the newer one) with the "16 wheels, 6 Cd changer, spoiler, side sills...
Unfortunatly I'm in the middle of sorting out paintwork (tonnes of stonechips/deep scratches) so I only have a couple of pictures I can share without cringing

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/23042010274a.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00049.jpg

I took the second after fitting my lovely red callipers...yes...I cheated...£10 from Halfords fitted with a fine bristle brush ;)

she now has a silver bee-sting style ariel too (instead of the original long black one)
Yep...not really much of a modder myself... do like to look though...

back in 2010 received a recall notice from Nissan for the ECU unit fault...
When i took her in to the dealer to get sorted 3 of the mechanics (they weren't busy that day apparently) all came out and had a bit of a gawp
...they'd never seen a white Sport Micra before! made me smile...
I'd love to find out how many Sport/Sport+/SR/160SR and Tekna (they had those wheels too usually) were in White...
I do know (according to howmanyleft) that there were only 90 Sport+'s with my (82) engine and just 5 standard Sports with it, but no specifics on colour...I assume they have to go further into registration details to tell you that...certainly very interesting
I think i was lucky to stumble across mine, I've only seen one Tekna and one SR since i got mine (well....Until I saw yours of course)
I have a look on ebay, autotrader, gumtree, parkers etc... every now and then...no-idea why really...I love my car too much to get anything else now

Wow...sorry that was such a long post!

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Hello...Utterly new to the site....pretty much joined to post about your beautiful 160SR...

I upgraded from My K11 (97 1.0 shape) to a K12 back in 2009
...but i had to have a white sport model, and a diesel (£30 tax)
I'm on the south coast and went all the way up to Manchester to purchase my baby :p
I have an Arctic white 2005 Sport+. so it's Pre 2007 facelift (prefer that grill to the newer one) with the "16 wheels, 6 Cd changer, spoiler, side sills...
Unfortunatly I'm in the middle of sorting out paintwork (tonnes of stonechips/deep scratches) so I only have a couple of pictures I can share without cringing

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/23042010274a.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00049.jpg

I took the second after fitting my lovely red callipers...yes...I cheated...£10 from Halfords fitted with a fine bristle brush ;)

she now has a silver bee-sting style ariel too (instead of the original long black one)
Yep...not really much of a modder myself... do like to look though...

back in 2010 received a recall notice from Nissan for the ECU unit fault...
When i took her in to the dealer to get sorted 3 of the mechanics (they weren't busy that day apparently) all came out and had a bit of a gawp
...they'd never seen a white Sport Micra before! made me smile...
I'd love to find out how many Sport/Sport+/SR/160SR and Tekna (they had those wheels too usually) were in White...
I do know (according to howmanyleft) that there were only 90 Sport+'s with my (82) engine and just 5 standard Sports with it, but no specifics on colour...I assume they have to go further into registration details to tell you that...certainly very interesting
I think i was lucky to stumble across mine, I've only seen one Tekna and one SR since i got mine (well....Until I saw yours of course)
I have a look on ebay, autotrader, gumtree, parkers etc... every now and then...no-idea why really...I love my car too much to get anything else now

Wow...sorry that was such a long post!

Hot dang! Now that's what I've been waiting to see a prefacelift sport K12, it looks the business! Wish I could have found a white one when I got mine (i get mocked a lot about the baby blue colour!) and it would have matched my old K11 which was white :) Given that it's a 2005 model I'd assume it has the (rather odd) white dials on the heaters? Never made sense to me why they did that, luckily mine is an 06 plate and came with the all black interior switches :)

Yep mine has the older dials...not the shiny ones...but i love her anyway ^_^
....still. think of the pedals...Micra Sports have the same pedals as the 350Z roadster! LOL
I happen to love the baby blue...it's very nice...and also relatively rare
(the most common Sports colour seems to be gun-metal, silver, red or black...that i've noticed in my area)

Also I've got none of the (annoying to me) fancy stuff... no bluetooth connection, no parking sensor, no key-less entry and no auto wipers
My mum has an SVE so she has all (exept the bluetooth) and it drives me nuts...and her for that matter.

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Yep mine has the older dials...not the shiny ones...but i love her anyway ^_^
....still. think of the pedals...Micra Sports have the same pedals as the 350Z roadster! LOL
I happen to love the baby blue...it's very nice...and also relatively rare
(the most common Sports colour seems to be gun-metal, silver, red or black...that i've noticed in my area)

Also I've got none of the (annoying to me) fancy stuff... no bluetooth connection, no parking sensor, no key-less entry and no auto wipers
My mum has an SVE so she has all (exept the bluetooth) and it drives me nuts...and her for that matter.

Mine's got parking sensors (I'm not a fan I'd rather concentrate on what I'm doing than have them screaming at me) my mum's activ has bluetooth, no bother really as I've put a custom stereo in and plug my phone in through a headphone jack which works just as well. Yeah the blue is rare, I've only ever seen one other sport pack one in that colour and a couple non-sport ones, it's just not the manliest of colours. And I've noticed the pedals match the 350Z as well! First thing I point out when I'm told I drive a sporty Micra :p

...I dunno...Blue is for boys...at least it's not Pink or something! :p
like that limited edition C+C they did a while back (I think it was for Cancer research)

...come to think of it...I wonder if there are any White C+C's around...that might be interesting...I'm not sure (In my opinion) that they could get uglier? :p

OP
OP
S
Yeah this ones got all the flash bits and extras to it! more toys than Smyths!

You've convinced me that the pre facelift grille is loads nicer but I still prefer the new shape headlights

The tenkas are quite common in white, look abit naff though without the spoiler or skirts, standard ride height is pretty shabby too ;)

What area are you from?

Mine's got parking sensors (I'm not a fan I'd rather concentrate on what I'm doing than have them screaming at me) my mum's activ has bluetooth, no bother really as I've put a custom stereo in and plug my phone in through a headphone jack which works just as well. Yeah the blue is rare, I've only ever seen one other sport pack one in that colour and a couple non-sport ones, it's just not the manliest of colours. And I've noticed the pedals match the 350Z as well! First thing I point out when I'm told I drive a sporty Micra :p

I want a baby blue 160sr so I can lower it on black Work SSR's :p
And you can turn the volume off the sensors mate so they don't bother you you know

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Yeah this ones got all the flash bits and extras to it! more toys than Smyths!

You've convinced me that the pre facelift grille is loads nicer but I still prefer the new shape headlights

The tenkas are quite common in white, look abit naff though without the spoiler or skirts, standard ride height is pretty shabby too ;)

What area are you from?

I want a baby blue 160sr so I can lower it on black Work SSR's :p
And you can turn the volume off the sensors mate so they don't bother you you know

Any idea how I'd go about doing that? Mine are so loud that when I was parking up next to a friend the other day, both of our cars had windows shut, he could clearly hear my sensors going haha.

Hey Soogle, I'm from the south coast...portsmouth way :p ...my Micra was originally from Skipton, Cheshire, though...It was an estate agents car LOL
In certain light angles you can still make out their E-mail address across the boot lid, where they must have had a vinyl wrap for nearly four years of her life <_<
I can't imagine they were driving her very well with all the scuffs and door marks all over...still had to have her though, and most of the scuffs are gone now too... ^_^

Tchaaa...Shouldn't it say in your original nissan Owners Manual how to turn down the sensor beeps?
....surely it's similar to resetting your service interval indicator via the trip computer?
actually Tchaaa you've inspired me to look out for black dials for my baby, I think you're right, they'll look so much better
...I think I've founds some already too, at a breakers near me they have an 06 active breaking right now...
...in baby blue...what are the odds?

OP
OP
S
Ahh we're not far from Chesire! In Staffs! Car was in Stockport.

As I put earlier owned by Nissan all it's life til now so been treated well ;)

Actually emailed Nissan to help me answer some of the questions we've got about it.

And black dials would look ace! We're keeping this one standard, maybe just a K&N panel filter to help with the exhaust note :)

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Soogle Being a facelift yours will already have the black heater dials. As for the beeps being in the stereo menu, I think that must be a facelift thing? I've got a custom stereo in there now but the old OEM Nissan 6 CD changer just had settings for Bass/Treble/Fade/Balance etc.

Jen I'll assume you just pull the switches and they come off, so should be an easy fit? My mum's Micra is a 56 Plate Activ, nice car, gets most of the Sport pack and is somehow even easier to park than my Sport+! I'm gonna have a look in the manual later for parking sensor beeps, from my experience of the car I can't think of any way to change the volume on them.

Soogle so lucky yours was treated well...I've had to change a couple of my interior trims (for some from an 07 breaker), the estate agents must have shoved a few of their "for sale" signs across the seats, you know big long pieces of pointy wood...gouging holes in my C pillar and Boot trims <_<
She was sold to me from Poynton, near Stockport, cheshire! XD small world
....I've just noticed a boo boo in my post up there...It was reg'd/Sold originally in Skipton and I bought her in Cheshire.. is what i meant :p
I really hope nissan can help you with it...When i last visited nissan they told me i was missing some soundproofing...apparently LOL

Tchaaa Yep I have a spare set of the dials already in the white/cream (from that 07 spirita breaker) and they do litterally just pull away
...does take quite a tug though!
...Just had a look all through the nissan owners Book i have and i can't find anything about the parking sensors at all...I can't have a go myself, as i don't have them LOL I hope you can change it from the trip computer instead of the CD changer
...on steering wheel controls or the 2 little buttons by the speedo/odometer etc... Good luck with that

I like having the parking sensors, and the bluetooth with steering wheel controls is a good thing to have too imho. The auto lights are decent, but the auto wipers are a bit tempremental. The climate control is ok although not sure it's any better than the regular aircon. The heated seats have had very minimal use. 6 CD changer is a bit gash, but at least I can hook up an ipod to the connector near the gear stick. The leather and alcantara seats are ok, but I'd rather have cloth seats with better lateral support. The white dials are nice, but the standard pedals seem out of keeping with the rest of car (16" alloys, sports bumpers, side skirts, rear spoiler).

I'd love the suspension off the SR, but not sure whether it would be compatible with mine being a diesel due to extra weight?

Gotta say there is one thing i prefer on the Facelift versions...the Black B-pillar...am very tempted to get carbon effect vinyl on mine...I think paint would be....too permanent LOL

ETA: By the way e-mailed thatlocal breaker about the black heater dials...£45+VAT...they won't take them off the Unit <_<
Guess I'll have to keep looking...their loss! ^_^

Cheers for the Slimothy is that on the outside right?...'cause that's what i mean
......and would they fit...I mean...do i stick them on with number plate tape (double sided sticky) or something?
do they stick on thier own? , like a vinyl decal?
because mine's an 05...she doesn't have a recess for trims on the edge of the door :p

Hi guys, i'm new here (less than a week! Lol) does anyone know how to replace the heater dials while on the subject? Mine are the cream ones and the plastic surrounding them is all cracked and chipped, i've looked on ebay but don't want to pay £40+ for the whole heater control unit! Also how the hell do you upload pics?

jon

Hi Jon...

I'm trying to get a hold of Black dials to replace my Cream/white ones LOL :p
You can get just the suround from ebay...around £15 or £20 but if you can get to one a breakers yard may be better if you just wanna replace the cracked suround ;)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194-2005-...arParts_SM&hash=item56497a613b#ht_3083wt_1139

...unfortunatly i can't get the dials on thier own <_<...

If you need to upload pics you need to sign up at Photobucket.com or Imageshack.us (photobucket is easier :))
both are free...simply click upload, select the images from your HDD then use the links to post here, or other sites ^_^