130k 1998 k11- should I be concerned?

Thinking of buying another k11 and getting rid of my mx5- seen one that appears to tick all the boxes, but should I be put off by 130k?

Bearing in mind I'm going to drive it quite hard- and maybe concider turboing at some point, will the engine stand up to it?

My first K11 1,3 was sold when it hit 425.000 km... (you do the math).
Engine still running sweet, no oil or water use. Changed gearbox/clutch and throttle body during it's time.
130.000 miles is not necessarily an issue. :)

That's some impressive miles for any car- and the fact that the engine was still battling on! Wow!

The one I'm looking at has had 3 owners- last lady owner for the past 9 years, and from the pictures looks in good shape (but will no doubt need crossmember and sills looking at).

Your responses have given me the confidence to go for it- will give the seller a call in the morning and hoping to go get it Thursday... Will let you know how it goes ;-)

That's some impressive miles for any car- and the fact that the engine was still battling on! Wow!

The one I'm looking at has had 3 owners- last lady owner for the past 9 years, and from the pictures looks in good shape (but will no doubt need crossmember and sills looking at).

Your responses have given me the confidence to go for it- will give the seller a call in the morning and hoping to go get it Thursday... Will let you know how it goes ;-)

If in doubt, give the car a full service as soon as you buy it

Back