1300 using primera parts

Hi again. I've been trawling around with the search facility trying to find info on using primera 1600 parts on a k11 1300.
Question is this lol. I am just finishing my lads engine rebuild for his race car and was going to use primera t/b , injectors , loom and ecu. Would I need to use the 1300 dizzy or primera one ?? Also would using these parts give a noticeable gain in performance ? I have already swapped Pistons from 1 litre ( more compression ) , skimmed head , lightened flywheel , lightened crank pulley.
Any and all help/advice appreciated

i doubt if the ga dizzy will fit a cg, but i think the ecu works ok as long as it was from the 4 slot optical disc type dizzy ?
the ga ecu should have the correct vq scale for the ga maf tho eh, and you may not get the overfueling problems that 16 injectors tend to give ?

Been having a play today and for some reason she fired but just stops seconds after running , then will fire back up and stop as before. I've added a little video and any comments appreciated. The first vid is with primera loom/ecu and t/b , The second vid is of the same engine but with a micra loom/ecu and micra t/b.
Everthing else fuel delivery etc is the same for both. Thanks in advance

low fuel pressure maybe ? if it idles ok but dies when you hit the throttle its usually that or maf i think
you could try wetting the air filter with fuel (with caution)

I don't know if the vids have loaded but fuel pressure isn't the problem as when everything's changed back to micra ( t/b , ecu , loom ) then it runs spot on. It's got to be something to do with the Primera t/b. Using the search it was mentioned to remove the bit on the t/b and blank it as this fouls the fuel rail , maybe it's the wrong bit !!!!!! image.jpeg image.jpeg

Yes they were sealed with a plate. Have the vids loaded ? If not is there an easy way to post them haha by seeing the vids you would no doubt see exactly what I mean

yes the links are there, just need to copy and paste the http bit i guess ? (h)ttp://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2njfrtf&s=9#.VlnkTlXhDnA
is it the ga ecu ?

you might find that 1 or 2 pinouts on the ecu are different mate (fuelpump relay maybe ?) because it sounds like lack of fuel pressure to me on the vid

We run a independant fuel pump that is powered independently to the ecu and ran fine on the Primera no problems whatsoever. It was my thinking that it's definitely fuel related just seems strange that as I've said we had it all on the Primera and it started and run fine , it seems that maybe the signal to the injectors is being cut for some reason. As you heard it fires runs then dies but will fire run and die straight away again. It sure is a mystery. Maybe one of the sensors on the t/b is stopping it , is that possible ??

Both ecu's are pre nats so that's no problem. It really is a puzzle because the ecu, loom, t/b, injectors all came out of the Primera that was absolutely flying. There are only two differences one being removal of the icv and secondly there is one plug ( on the loom ) to the drivers side of the t/b that has nowhere to plug into ! Unfortunately I can't check what it was as we have scrapped the Primera.

Been browsing the search again and the pic I posted earlier with the icv removed I've seen a few pics where that one and the one above have both been removed and blocked. Could this be causing the problem ?

Just to mention decided to run it this time on the micra t/b ecu and loom , it seems to be running fine so she can go as it is. Will delve into the Primera stuff ready for next time. Many thanks for the advice guys

Well the old girl has been raced and oh dear what a sad night.
Was running and sounded luvly but a few laps later she coughed and sh## herself and threw a rod straight through the block lol. Unsure as to why but I suppose it comes down to the rebuilder "ME" haha. Never mind onto the next one and more trials to get the ga16 t/b etc working sweetly , I might even use an auto engine for the base due to being a little stronger iirc.

Well finally got round to stripping the ole gal and oh dear I think it broke
This is number 4 piston and it doesn't look like I will be reusing it lol. Any ideas/comments welcome as to why it failed. Thanks as always

eek, from the looks of how the big end cap was ripped/bent from one-side, the stud nut on the ok side was still intact, forged rod still straight, the looser side was missing a nut and bent like paperclip,
I guess one of the bigend nuts had vibrated off during high load & rpm :/
I dread to think if that had happened to mine in the vid

It's definitely a lesson learnt the hard way. Trouble is now I'm short of bits to build another. The 1 litre Pistons aren't a problem ( must have about 10 complete engines ) it's the 1.3 bits as I only have a couple complete and don't won't to break them just for bits. The crank is also toast lol

So threadlock is the way to go for those nuts? Only ask as I'm doing a hi comp 1.3 also and don't fancy that problem! :/ I'm glad the rings gave way on my old engine nothing massively serious!

I will definitely be using thread lock on the next one
I'm going to use an auto block ( closed deck ) and auto head ( read somewhere the valves are slightly bigger )
I also want to upgrade the cams but will have to do some browsing to assertain what I need lol.
But one things for sure all internal nuts/bolts will be locked

Decided to have a change of direction and try an SR20 transplant for some extra oooomph. Going to document the journey and have started a blog and will update as we go

Back