130 bhp?

Exhaust, inlet, cams and fueling are the starting blocks then you could go with getting the head ported and polished, bottom end lightened and balanced

Currently set up with a 4 2 1 Jan speed , Decat and rally spec back box, matt Humphries induction kit, and quick shift as soon as it arrives. Will the above make a significant change for the money I'd spend or would a turbo be just as pricey and better. Also would the just remap the standard ecu as I seen some one on here with a nistune one I think it was

Nistune isn't an option for you with a later coilpack type, as they utilize the later Bosch Motronic system, which does not work well with piggyback systems either by the way. The only current option is a standalone unit, (not cheap), or perhaps being talked into messing around with trying to bodge in an older ECCS ecu and taking a backward step to a distributor based ignition setup.

130bhp will involve a lot of work to achieve N/A. The usual bolt-ons, (exhaust, induction, cams etc), even with a re-mapped ecu will not get you there. Power wise, you're going to be looking at something around 100-105bhp in it's current form. Going beyond that is going to take a fair bit of money and effort.

Same goes for turbo setups, more potential but the bosch motronic system is going to hold you back.

Hmmmm sounds like a lot of time and money for not much gain. Sr20 I good street to go down then ?

That's not really for me to say to be honest. I guess it depends on your goals and budget really. I'm sticking with an N/A approach on the CG engine because a). it's not been done to this extent by anyone before and b). the project is being used as a development build to pave the way for future goals.

If you are considering an SR20 based conversion then speak to mov on here, as he will be able to give you the lowdown on what is necessary and perhaps a ballpark figure when it comes to expected costs and involvement.

Hmm you could try completely EBB (eric) your engine, he generally made the cg internals even lighter then thrown in some different valve springs (From the bigger engines, dont know which it'l be on his thread) and see if you can get a good set of cams made up, improved fueling and maybe see about a high rev setup, but i dont know if its possible to de-restrict the 1.4's, im sure theres a way to achive 130 on the NA though, its just looking around for the information you need.

The 1.4 turbo root is good though, i mean look at greeces CGA3! Its a monster!!

I run a NA 130bhp monster its loads of fun :). Cost probably similar to a basic turbo setup but the engine is stronger or at least less pressure on it but you would probably see more gains from a turbo (till you get to excited with the boost control valve)

Paul's car was a pretty similar spec to ours on the last build. He ran a CGA3DE, flowed head, Omex 600 ecu, Jenvey throttlebodies with airbox, 4-2-1 manifold and system and some cams. I don't think he had the specs on them though but it showed 128.9bhp if I remember correctly.

Back