pug gti or glanza

• 106 gti

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • glanza gt

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters

fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
for my next car i was lookin at getting a put gti, but after getting a go of a glanza gt last nyt, i was suprised with the power it put down so what you all think out the 2??

pug 160 gti on insurance - £1500
toyota glaza gt turbo on insurance £1400

imo the pug is better lookin but i sooo want a turbo lol

106 gti is a very good car!! but its more euro image,

glanza is jap pocket rocket street racing image and overall better car i think.

but the glanza probably will be more expensive on fuel etc and modding it up and insurance i suppose.

I recommend the glanza as I had a starlet turbo for 2 years and there pretty much the same car you will never have any problems with it!!

they come standard with lsd,guy over had 191.something bhp out off the standard turbo,front mount intercooler and either safc or power fc

IMO go for the Glanza. Not sterotyping, but I'm sure the vast majority of 106 gti's have probably been thrashed to within an inch of their life, whereas you could get a fairly standard Glanza direct from Japan that's been very well looked after. I also think that they will probably hold their value better when I comes to sell on.

have a look at the 106 rallye, thay are good cars and are so much cooler.
they have th same engine as the gti but it has a 8 valve head (easy swap)and they look much cooler.

much nicer in blue but much less common

Attachments

• 106rallye.jpg
    106rallye.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,482
yeah you can get large amount of power out of the starlet/glanza not all of them come with an lsd but it was a popular factoy option

All Glanzas have lsd 96' on starlets 95' down only the gt advance and gt limited had factory fitted lsd.

I like the 106 gti I've drove a few, very fast, and handle 100 times better than the glanza and got a spin in a tuned 106 rally but at th end of the their not as reliable as the japanese machinery

Were not a couple of members on this forum looking for a Starlet about a year ago and basically said htat all the ones htat they had seen were absolute dogs and had been caned?
Importing is expensive and a big risk, I am sure that you could find a GTi in good nick with a lady owner, how big are your feet?

All Glanzas have lsd 96' on starlets 95' down only the gt advance and gt limited had factory fitted lsd.

I like the 106 gti I've drove a few, very fast, and handle 100 times better than the glanza and got a spin in a tuned 106 rally but at th end of the their not as reliable as the japanese machinery

no all starlets had the option of the lsd not just the gt limited and advance

yea im not gettin a car till june time but it will DEFFO be out these 2

imo the 106 looks better but tha glanza is rappid!!

106rallye has no got leccys or nefin so no :p:))

Down here in cornwall a guy called gary wonacott who is 19 owns a 1.3 gt starlet, he has tuned it with a huge wrx turbo, uprated cams, massive intercooler e.t.c and the rolling road print out was 442bhp and i have seen this for myself!

If your insurance is 1500 and 1400 for either I would wait until you have another year or so under your no claims... But then I'm not rich. :down:

but its french...... so you will spend the difference on keeping it on the road. the toyota is 100000000% better car. rarer, faster, better looking, and turbo-charged,

why would anyone buy a 106?

but its french...... so you will spend the difference on keeping it on the road. the toyota is 100000000% better car. rarer, faster, better looking, and turbo-charged,

I love toyota for the engine they put in the glanza and starlet alike but they don't handle anyway near as good as the 106 thats why I would pick the 106 over the glanza if I had to choose

that your narrow minded opinion! i can make a pug fast aswell and think its better lookin that a glanza

I love toyota for the engine they put in the glanza and starlet alike but they don't handle anyway near as good as the 106 thats why I would pick the 106 over the glanza if I had to choose

they only handle better out of the 'box', the 106 is let down by the rear torsion bar suspension, all you can do to the rear is add better dampers, and turn the bar to lower it. you can get the glanza, after a few mods of course, to handle much better than the 106 just because it's limited to what you can do in my opinion.
the pedals are too close together on the 106 aswell, this must be because they are designed for girls lol.
the interiors look cheap and i don't like the chav image they have, although the glanza is catching up on that.

I voted Glanza,stay jap! Then again,i do like the look of the 106,but i couldnt resist that turbo lol.Depends if ya want Styling (106) or power (Glanza)

Back