1.6 with NATS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titch

Micra K11ng
Right, those of you who were at JAE, will probally know what i'm talking about here.

At JAE, i bought the 1.6 TB & ECU from Dave (lowrider). Now, we managed to get the TB on with no troubles, but then we tried to get the 1.6 ECU in and guess what. The car woudn't start. This was due to NATS. Now, as far as i'm aware, NATS in NOT held in the ecu, and also NOT held in the small black box underneath the ignition barrel.

So my questions are:

1. If i got a NATS ecu from a 1.6, can i take it to Nissan and get them to code it to my key??
2. What diffrences if there since i'm only running the CG10 ECU, with the 1.3 engine, and 1.6 tb ?
3. Does anyone know any other way round NATS?

Thanks in advance guys
Titch :kungfu:

W

witty05

im a nissan mechanic and i dont know if u can code the old nats immu to ur new ecu i think what u need to do is find the old nats immu. all the old control units are coded to ur old ecu.

R

RIK

the 1.6 ECU titch bought has allready been used on a 1.3 so that aint the problem,,surley its in the ignition sumwer,, :S

OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
Lil update for you all.

Right, spoke to Mike and he suggested that i try something that worked on his car. Unfortunally, i had no luck with this as the engine would try to start, but would not fire. So thats the Nats kicking in. As far as i know NATS won't let fuel into the injectors, so therefore wornt start.

Anyway, this goes to show that the Nats system has to be hidden somewhere in the loom. Have spoken to George (Nicon_23), and he has an idea on what to do, but was wondering if anyone else knows where it may be hidden, and what i can do to knock it out.

Titch

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
It depends if all the ECU wiring is the same as the pre-facelift models, if it is, you could work out what wire is what going into the ECU and then remove all the ones that are left over, or just get the loom from a non-nats car, but that could meanyou still have to re-wire a few plugs.
Does it have the nissan alarm box in yours?

Lil update for you all.

Right, spoke to Mike and he suggested that i try something that worked on his car. Unfortunally, i had no luck with this as the engine would try to start, but would not fire. So thats the Nats kicking in. As far as i know NATS won't let fuel into the injectors, so therefore wornt start.

Anyway, this goes to show that the Nats system has to be hidden somewhere in the loom. Have spoken to George (Nicon_23), and he has an idea on what to do, but was wondering if anyone else knows where it may be hidden, and what i can do to knock it out.

Titch

If the Nats system overides fuel only, couldnt you simply run a separate relay direct from the ignition feed, you could power up the fuel pump directly this way and include a hidden kill switch.
Otherwise you may need the transponder key and ignition barrel surround from the car where the Nats System came from. In Australia, thieves will supply their own key, transponder surround and pre coded ECU/Immoboliser when ripping of the WRX's and silmilar.

Aussie

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
found this its for a primera but it may help...................
This has been covered so may times now. NATS 1 ONLY.
Find and remove the NATS immu, behind glove box.
disconnect and link the following wires.
1&2
5&6
7&8

3&4 leave off.
you should now have disconnected your nissan antitheft.

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Lol, not a prob!! But yeah i agree with Wrenchable, this is what happens when you tell people to use the search option!!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Lol, not a prob!! But yeah i agree with Wrenchable, this is what happens when you tell people to use the search option!!

Rather that than 500 current threads asking the same question! Its rare that old threads are resurrected, but the search option is a great tool for research.

Anyway, locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.