1.6 micra update

djlee_dj

Ex. Club Member
well my 1.6 has had a bump. someone has pulled out infront of me and it needs a wing, headlight and the headlight panel has been pushed back.

im hopeful that it will see the road again especailly as it has 10 months MOT and 5 months tax.

anyway the other party isnt admitting liabilty, the good thing is that i had it all insured ligit !!!!! engine, suspension, exhaust, air filter, stripped interior, only 2 seats .... even the color coded bumpers listed as modifications !

altough there may be a few complications that arise - but we'l see, including a liabilty arguement .... but he pulled out onto my road ... ..... so should be 1 sided towards me , fingers crossed. he has processed his through his insurance as a split claim .....

heres a vid before it went off the road .... and with the new 2" full exhaust on. it sounds more raspy/pop'y and not just quite as loud really than that vid iirc (been near a month since ive drove it)

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIYE0pheAPI"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIYE0pheAPI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nIYE0pheAPI

try that link :p

needs a clutch (listen from 1st into 2nd change)

had too slow down as there were other cars on my private track that day. that was up a slight gradiant too

Glad somone could spot that (Peter)

So assuming its about 100bhp he reckons his car weights 700kg lol.

Glad somone could spot that (Peter)

So assuming its about 100bhp he reckons his car weights 700kg lol.

Quick calculation there mate!

So relistic weight with a 1.3 engine and minus the standard seats for some light weights 700kgs??
1.6 block is quiet heavy anyway being cast iron compared to the 1.3 aluminuim plus the larger rad.
so would rather not guess the total weight and bhp.

No, BHP/Ton is power to weight ratio higher = better.

Example divide your cars bhp by its weight =
Stock K11 1.3 approx 88bhp/ton.
Stock March ST = 142bhp/ton.

In answer to wrenchable most people underestimate their cars weight. Empty ST with no seats at all is 700, there is no way a K11 would get near this without severe weight reduction.

there is no way a K11 would get near this without severe weight reduction.

i agree, but dave bull's k11 got down to about 665kg iirc, so 35kg could be put back in, surely this wouldn't be as severe? i know he stripped and removed alot, but 35kgs is a lot. and the 1.6 k11 above didn't have much in it other than the heavier engine.

yeah engine is 102bhp standard

the interior is stripped completely as is all un-needed wiring, trim, fog's, wiper motor etc etc ...... everything that isnt needed ....

kerb weight is 750kg's ?

i thought i would save 50kg stripping everything out + about an extra 10bhp (being optimistic) due to the exhaust, filter upgrades.

when its back on the road il take it to the weigh station.

maybe a wee bit optimistic yous think ?

i dont have many pictures .... i took loads on my phone but didnt realise you had to save each one before taking another ! LOL

soon enough.

wooo my old car :D that thing really has some history :D

it started as Goldstar's 1.0
then J.A. kelly made it a 1.6
then i bought it and drove it all the way from manchester to bristol
and then it got shipped to ireland :D and its still going! thats amazing :D

Back