1.5 ALMERA 2003 AIRBOX ON A K11 MICRA

Hi!

Yes it will work. The airbox fits into the current throttle body. There is a litttle bit of faffing in matching up a bolt, and breathing tube from the engine back into the airbox. You will also need to lower / move the Carbon canister to have it sit flush.

You are effectively giving your engine more cold, pre-filtered air to draw on. The other benefit is the air-intake to the old airbox is very limted. So, a bigger airbox, with a bigger (wider) air intake pipe feeding it would give you better performance. ESPECIALLY, if you pair this with a nice performance Air Filter (e.g. Pipercross).

Personally, I've noticed the car is slightly more responsive when accelerating.

As a bonus, with the bigger airbox the car will also have a nice throaty little growl when accelerating :)

The almera airboxes are getting harder to find from what I can gather btw, but definitely worth doing for a cheeky £30 improvement :)

Shout if you need help installing.

Hi!

Yes it will work. The airbox fits into the current throttle body. There is a litttle bit of faffing in matching up a bolt, and breathing tube from the engine back into the airbox. You will also need to lower / move the Carbon canister to have it sit flush.

You are effectively giving your engine more cold, pre-filtered air to draw on. The other benefit is the air-intake to the old airbox is very limted. So, a bigger airbox, with a bigger (wider) air intake pipe feeding it would give you better performance. ESPECIALLY, if you pair this with a nice performance Air Filter (e.g. Pipercross).

Personally, I've noticed the car is slightly more responsive when accelerating.

As a bonus, with the bigger airbox the car will also have a nice throaty little growl when accelerating :)

The almera airboxes are getting harder to find from what I can gather btw, but definitely worth doing for a cheeky £30 improvement :)

Shout if you need help installing.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Some very useful info there. Just wasn't sure if the 1.5 air box would give the same performance as the popular GA16 setup. Thanks.

Do you have a picture? I found some but they look like its going to be a pain to fit it and make room for the airbox. The reason the GA16 one is so populair is that it is easy to fit and cheap.

Do you have a picture? I found some but they look like its going to be a pain to fit it and make room for the airbox. The reason the GA16 one is so populair is that it is easy to fit and cheap.

Hi mate, i'll try a picture. I haven't purchased yet; was just querying before i bought it to see would it fit/make any difference to performance. Thanks.

No not a 1.5 2003 almera, you want the earlier almera (n14) or primeras (p11/p144). Basically the only cars with ga series engine

Sent from my LG K11+ (yes I did buy the phone specifically to have a K11 phone, I'm that sad)

Back