1.4 wanted :)

Why is it so hard to find a 1.4 engine (CGA3DE) and ECU for k11 :( I'm wanting to convert my 1.0 coilpack year 2000 into a 1.4. But I've been looking for ages and cant seem to find one. must be under 80k on clocks.

Please if anyone has got any idea on where to look please message this thread or PM.

PS. If anyone on here knows of a 1.4 that's going cheap Eg. A MOT fail Please let me know as I'll use it as a donor car. I've been looking for so long and I'm starting to lose hope :(

Also If there is a 1.4 on here in good condition (Without the dreadful rust bug) I will even keep the 1.4 as it is :)

Last edited:
The first1.4i the Activ was produced in 2000/2001 Nissan had cured most of the corrosion problems! Also the 1.4i was the optimum engine in performance and reliability consequently they are still being used and kept by their owners. Also the 1.4i was only produced from 2000 to 2002 with some registered in 2003 and they were quite a bit more expensive than the 1ltr and were offered as higher spec models such as the SE, Sport+ and the highest spec Micra ever the 1.4SE+! B-)

Thanks guys :)

Do you know what the advantage price is for a 1.4?

If it's going to have the corrosion problems cured I may aswell just by the full car if I can find one with out slot of miles on them :)

None there currently. Some 1.4 cat-B's at other copart sites, however unless you know someone with a licence you'll only be able to buy a cat-C

ETA, certainly a whole decent car is the way to go unless your current car is something special.

None there currently. Some 1.4 cat-B's at other copart sites, however unless you know someone with a licence you'll only be able to buy a cat-C

ETA, certainly a whole decent car is the way to go unless your current car is something special.
I've just been keeping op top of corrosion with my current cant but its starting to get holes in it now :( rear axle notice has small hole in and the inner rear sill has one in. could be time to buy a full car if price is right.

so whats the rules on being able to by stuff from auction?

I've just been keeping op top of corrosion with my current cant but its starting to get holes in it now :( rear axle notice has small hole in and the inner rear sill has one in. could be time to buy a full car if price is right.

so whats the rules on being able to by stuff from auction?

It sounds like a new one is the order of the day. You'll need an account to bid on Copart, only cat-c cars will be an option to you, however given your rust issues I'd imagine a fresh undamaged car is better than an engine swap, although minor damage cars do go through Copart if you keep your eye on Peterlee.

It sounds like a new one is the order of the day. You'll need an account to bid on Copart, only cat-c cars will be an option to you, however given your rust issues I'd imagine a fresh undamaged car is better than an engine swap, although minor damage cars do go through Copart if you keep your eye on Peterlee.
I went to make an account but its £50 sign up fee :(

Back