1.4.vs 1.3 K11 Micra?

lewic

Ex. Club Member
Having had a Corolla for the last few months, I am thinking of getting another Micra.. will miss the boot space but the Corolla is slower than my old K10 and eats petrol like a demon!

Have seen a couple of 1.4 K11s for sale, are these much faster than the 1.3s?
Seem to remember someone telling me they werent so reliable though.. does anyone know if this is true?

Higher top end on the 1.4 of course but a lot heavier so you'd probably get away quicker in the 1.3. Advantages with the 1.3 is that theres a lot more out there in the way of modifications.

not a lot! ive got a k11 1L shel with the CGA 1.4 engine with the CG head, there is a differance in car weight as the 1.3 moddels and more moddern 1.0 came with all the extra bumf makeing in more heavy, but i dont think there is any differance in engine weight.

the 1.4 is almost 1,5 sec faster at 0-60 and as the speed raises the difference against 1.3 raises...
its not only the bhp that has but the turque that make real fast the 1.4...
as about modification i can say that is almost the same but in my opinion with the same things (lets say a K&N filter and full exhaust)the 1.4 earns much more power...
here in greece fully 1st stage 1.4 produces about 104bhp...not bad at all i can say...

mine made 101 just off a straight through pipe relocated air filter and bosh 4 point spark plugs and quite a few people were surprised by it all im saying is if you are going for a 1.4 buy a different ecu i wish i had kept mine as it would have been pretty fun had i kept it

Is the ECU problematic? Or is it just hard to remap? Have seen a lovely looking one in autotrader but its miles away in London, and I'd like to keep my no claims bonus!!

Sounds like I'd be better off with a 1.3!

Went to look at a couple this week, this one http://bristol.gumtree.com/bristol/61/56338361.html is a complete dog, even to my non-expert eye. The crossmember looks like it is starting to split, the bumper is broken and badly glued together, the metal trim round the front is coming off and the fittings behind the bumper are rusted and broken, assume where is has had a shunt. The engine has been sprayed with silver paint that has gone everywhere as they havent bothered to take the cover off or mask off the spark plug leads. Other bits have been painted with green paint which the guy says is rustproofer, but it looks like green tippex and hasnt stopped the rust. More green tippex on the back of the car, looks like someone tried to match the colour but was doing it in the dark. And it smells weird.

And this one http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1549168.htm has a great big scratch down the left hand side and damage to the bumper as well as the damage shown in the pic. The seller only put the pic of the damage up after I'd driven all the way to Swindon from Bristol to look at it, having been told it was in 'excellent condition'. Didnt bother looking under the bonnet but it made me wonder what else he was lying about!

Ooh that is gorgeous! Am looking for something boringly practical with 4 doors and a sunroof though, and I wouldnt have the know-how (or cash) to keep it in tip-top condition.

Back