1.4 Sport Plus

On my 4th K11 Micra now and I must say, after having 1.0 models previously, this 1.4 Sport Plus is a world apart. Definitely got a bit more ooomph under the bonnet :)
I'd made it my goal to find a good 1.4 but being of mature years I wasn't too sure about the bold interior. However its grown on me now.
Car is not without issues though, the usual heater blower only working on full and the sunroof sometimes drips in heavy downpours so I've temporarily taped it up until I get a new seal fitted.

Attachments

• Micra1.JPG
    Micra1.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 1,228
  • Micra4.JPG
    Micra4.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 739
Hi mate very nice 3dr black 1.4Sport+ I have always liked and wanted one! Fellow forum member davyboy will be very jealous he has a 5dr black 1.4Sport+! B-). Please keep us updated with posts and pics?
Cheers
Andy B-)

Nice, don't see many Sport+ about. Interesting to see what the original interior is like too.

Mine's an earlier 2000 model with grey plastics instead of black and the red accents and wheel have been sprayed blue, as the previous owner wanted something other than red.

I agree, they do seem to be a bit of a rarity. I often used to see one near where I live and always liked the look of them.
I've only owned this one for about 4 months but 'er indoors' is continually pestering me to sell it and get something modern.

Hello Bill. 3 door :D nice, looked for over two years for one of them, ended up with a 5 door in the end, but nice enough for sure.
I've got heater cards here if you're stuck buddy. My roof is taped as well, but not worried about that myself.
YUP - they certainly surprise a few people when you go sailing past them - LOL and cheap as chips to run.
Lowered, and widened mine for a bit more in the corners, certainly sticks to the road now with very little roll.
Here she is buddy.
IMG_20160611_132716_zpsvzuxbyrp.jpg

IMG_20160611_132727_zpsjp3pokq6.jpg

DSC_0061_zpsaihiqjbs.jpg

Hello Bill. 3 door :D nice, looked for over two years for one of them, ended up with a 5 door in the end, but nice enough for sure.

Nice motor davyboy. Looks a real mean machine :)
I had considered making one or two minor mods to mine such as a better air filter etc but so far it remains standard.
I had a new exhaust fitted yesterday as I suspected there was a blow somewhere but to be honest it still sounds a bit throaty.

If I was intending to continue using it through the Winter I'd sort out the blower and sunroof issues but I'm probably going to put her away in my garage for a while now anyway as I've just bought an estate car out of necessity.

Oh well, it now looks like Black Beauty will be saddled with a new owner very soon.
My lack of space due to our imminent house move means I'll have to sell it instead of store it :-(

I'm in two minds so I may just put it on ebay and see how it goes.
If it reached £800 I'd be OK with that. Otherwise I'd probably revert to plan A and find somewhere to keep it.
Unfortunately my garage is stacked to the ceiling with boxes ready for the house move.

I'm near Grimsby, NE Lincs.

Now on Gumtree, ad ref: 1187198251

Last edited:
Cornwall......ouch indeed.!
No takers yet though, just a couple of chancers wanting me to let it go for peanuts.
Still, I'm in no rush yet. It can stay on my drive for a while longer.

£800.00 is a great price for a K11 like that. If I were nearer to you & in the market for another car I'd buy that in a minute.
Don't let it go cheap.
Good luck with the sale :)

I paid £720 for mine buddy....so maybe that is the market price.
Still seems like giving her away though, pity, but live and learn I s'pose.

I paid £720 for mine buddy....so maybe that is the market price.
Still seems like giving her away though, pity, but live and learn I s'pose.

Yes, can't argue with that.
I guess I overestimated the number of Micra fans who, like me, would like a 1.4 Sport, especially such a nice one.

Having owned a few 1.0 versions I've been impressed with the performance difference of the 1.4 but perhaps
the higher insurance premium tips it the wrong way for some.
Perhaps its a blessing in disguise as I'm pretty sure down the line I'd regret letting her go for peanuts.

Yes, can't argue with that.
I guess I overestimated the number of Micra fans who, like me, would like a 1.4 Sport, especially such a nice one.

Having owned a few 1.0 versions I've been impressed with the performance difference of the 1.4 but perhaps
the higher insurance premium tips it the wrong way for some.
Perhaps its a blessing in disguise as I'm pretty sure down the line I'd regret letting her go for peanuts.
I'd have this like a shot if I didn't already have 3 K11s (including a black 3dr 1.4!) and nowhere to keep them. I agree with you and @davyboy that these are some of the best versions of a fantastic little car.

GLWS!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Hi,
I Think I have the same car. At my registration papiers it says the following;

What is the first line, can any body guess? I understand the last 3 lines but not the first one.
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-13 at 10.00.00.jpeg

Hmm looks like the spec of the car stating wheels,tyre size,car colour etc in german
But my german isn't that great zu is "to" and bis is the same so it could be dated or times? Translations of bis zu

up to

bis zu, bis, bis an

as far as

bis zu

up until

bis zu

Back