1.4 sounds weird ?

so done a serivce got rid if the 5/30 water for 10,40 and gave it a clean out and it still sounds weird
it starts up and runs well but still makes a weird noise its sounds a bit like a diesel

note the first video the engine was already up to temp the second was sat for 20minute and still was fairly warm (i know the temp does not say much)
aswell for the battery i know

but the second video shows the sound more
its only got 68k on it
any help or it is just me hearing things
also its smokes abit more when cold although some maybe off the exhaust from the 5/30 but it only smoke when revved but the plugs look ok not oily and got 11 bar compression through out
the timming chain is ok
just if its going to need an engine i may need to act quick to get another good one

well its better news then out else
i'll see how much it smoke or if it clears up if it does not im guessing a replacment of sorts kinda annoying as it only got 68k
and found out it was ran of 5/30 fully synthetic water which im guessing may have done the damage

So the engine seems fairly OK starts and runs well
The noise seems to be quieting down and so does the smoke
I'm just wondering is it worth much cause I'm NOT going to break or scrap the car and I maybe able to get a lower millage and better engine for it
Just as an idea tho

well took it up a little private farm track and well
its clear its self out no smoke but from 3.500 is rumbles and from 4k+ to limiter is really does rumble and can feel it through the car specially the gear stick
goes well top and bottom it pulls really well could say it as or slightly better then my 1.3
anyways idled it and the oil light came back on on idle and the longer it idles the worse it get but blip the throttle it goes off instantly and come back when on idle only does it when hot
which id do believe is 1 of 3, 1 worn bearings, 2 oil pump, 3 oil pickup or filter are dirty
so it may get the oil dropped once again and the filter re-checked , pull the sump off and check the pickup and see if there is anything to notice
and maybe 15w40 oil?
would not care it runs pretty well and starts up better just rumbles loudish at higher rpm thats the only problem

Yeah it is a worn bottom end im figuring out what to do with the car cause it will cost £150 for a engine plus some rust repairs, mot , two tyres and little bits

Back